Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
- New Increased Competetive Rates
- Day 1 Benefits
The Senior Case Manager provides therapeutic support to middle school youth in the school and community setting and addresses behavioral and emotional issues that interfere with school success through individual and group work, classroom activities, and community initiatives.
- School Counseling: Provides direct therapeutic individual and/or group support to students; coordinates closely with school support staff, faculty, and administration to deliver services; collaborates with parents/caregivers as needed; assesses academic and family needs; provides referrals to support services in school and to community providers as needed; provides triage support as needed.
- Supervises, coordinates and oversees services delivered by case manager such as school based social skills groups, academic/homework help and evening events such as family nights or program open houses.
- Prevention Education: facilitates prevention education activities via classroom presentations, assemblies, campaigns, etc. that address youth substance abuse, suicide prevention and other topics related to mental health.
- Administration: attendance at group supervision meetings 2 x monthly and other supervisor meetings as requested; regularly checks email and is available by phone from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the business week; keeps essential program tracking logs up to date; submits required paperwork as scheduled and requested; regularly submits and tracks outcomes measurements; conducts satisfaction surveys 2 x per year with students and school personnel; other duties as assigned.
- Public Representation: serves as a representative for the division, program, and stakeholders through the following venues as assigned; community and school health fairs, focus groups, coalitions, and other special initiatives to increase advocacy for attention to youth mental health issues and/or promote the program and stakeholders.
- In-Home Therapy: Provides services to students’ families in outreach settings including the family's home or another community location, utilizing the ACRA model of treatment for substance use. Maintains fidelity to the model to ensure best practice and maximize positive outcomes for the youth and family. Support families in identifying clear treatment goals and work in collaboration with assigned case manager to carry out interventions. Afternoon/evening hours are required. Situations may arise where staff may need to schedule and hold appointments on weekends based upon the needs of the families served. Exempt staff are required to be available by telephone from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the business week
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
- Experience and training in working with youth, families and substance use issues.
- Motivational Interviewing skills and Collaborative Problem Solving techniques are preferred; familiarity with school counseling model helpful
- Ability to work independently with good clinical judgment; knowing when to seek support from school and/or leadership; ability to form strong collaborations with school personnel; strong multi-tasking skills and organizational skills; knowledge of agency and local community resources.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.