This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 177020-1A
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Responsible for the coordination and implementation of physical plant upgrades and renovations, new and expanded facilities, and move/occupancy with an emphasis on superior client service through project planning, construction coordination, inspection, infection prevention and compliance with hospital standards and applicable codes. Provides project planning and facilitates design, construction, moves and necessary project notifications and communication. Works collaboratively with peers, consultants, contractors, affected departments, facility operations and end users to efficiently deliver a quality, cost effective project. All forms of communication assure that end users and affected parties are aware of project deliverables, activities, schedules, milestone dates and potential disruptions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Utilizes pre-evaluations which would include but not limited to; clinicians, physicians, support staff and administration of operational considerations, consistently assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans as needed.
2. Successfully develops and updates project budgets as required utilizing “Project Budget Tracking System.” Delivers projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner in accordance with the approved project scope
3. Leads project evaluation meetings and administrative reviews from conception to completion. Manages the negotiation and bidding of the project; develops, manages, and delivers a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope and change approval process.
4. Oversees and coordinates the work of the Project Coordinators to assure the project is progressing appropriately, frequently visits job site throughout construction, follows established procedures of the Design & Construction department.
5. Monitors subcontractor activities to guarantee compliance with project budget and specification requirements and administer RFIs and Change Orders.
6. Incorporates Lahey Health Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
7. Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
8. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
9. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
10. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
11. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
12. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
13. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
14. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering,
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Strong preference for experience in delivery of hospital projects in emerging markets, Very strong project leadership skills and ability to direct client, consultant and contractor teams, Good knowledge of design processes and systems, Good knowledge of current construction technology, Ability to communicate in a practical and commercial manner at all levels, Ability to handle multiple cross disciplinary tasks and establish priorities for the timely completion of construction project
Days; Full-time, Exempt
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.