Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Performs all aspects of research medication ordering, receipt, and drug accountability as required per-protocol
- Processes outpatient research medication prescriptions for final check by a Research Pharmacist
- Fully understands principle of IV medication preparation and is competent to perform as an IV room technician and so is able to prepare inpatient and clinic parenteral research medications for selected trials.
- Processes research medications returned by study subjects and empty/used vials as required per-protocol
- Ensures all research medications are within expiration dating, as this information is provided. Replaces expired medications as needed. Processes expired research medications for monitor authorization to return to sponsor or disposal on site
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels. Orders additional research medications as needed
- Is responsible for answering telephone calls, triaging the request, and following through with appropriate action.
- Maintains all research pharmacy drug storage temperature documentation including, but not limited to the research refrigerator, freezer, and room temperatures. Reports any temperature deviations to a Research Pharmacist.
- Updates research pharmacy binders and files as needed. Updates include, but are not limited to, amended protocols, contact information changes, and pertinent written communications.
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be a registered technician with the MA Board of Pharmacy
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet the requirements of this job description. Math skills required.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.