Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 176993-1A
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the department director or manager, the Project Operations Supervisor will coordinate facility project operations processes, code compliance outcomes, design standards and plans of record for the Planning, Design and Construction (PD&C) department. This includes, but is not limited to, project feasibility studies, project scheduling, management of physical and electronic plans, process and workflow development and continuous improvement. They will work closely with contracted design professionals including architects, engineers and contractors as well as authorities having jurisdiction to ensure code compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Works closely with multiple stakeholders including clinical staff, peers and administration to develop planning concepts and solutions through programming. The Project Operations Supervisor will support projects ranging from master plans, practice expansions, moves, restructuring, tenant improvement projects, renovations and new build outs.
2. Responsible for managing all organizational plans in a manner that can easily be accessed by the PD&C and Engineering & Maintenance teams. These drawings are used for accreditation processes, permitting and managing the physical plant resources among other critical needs. Therefore, a high degree of accuracy is required. The Project Operations Supervisor will manage the hospital’s master drawings by updating drawings as projects are completed as well as producing life safety drawings at least annually.
3. Encouraged to engage in state and national professional associations to identify learning opportunities in the industry and keep abreast of healthcare trends and best practices.
4. With guidance from the Project Manager, will develop design concepts, department process and workflow improvements. This will include but is not limited to:
5. Works closely with stakeholders including clinical staff, peers, department leaders and administration to develop conceptual plans and solutions through programming. Leads programming sessions for projects ranging from master plans, practice expansions, moves, restructurings, tenant improvement projects, renovations and ground up facilities. Provides clear direction, feedback, and support to stakeholders and designers. Measured by management observation, peer and end user feedback, and random review of documentation and project outcomes.
6. Manages all organizational drawings. Manages all facility plans and life safety drawings in a manner that can easily be accessed by the PD&C and Engineering & Maintenance teams. Actively participates in project closeout meetings. Effectively manages as built and record drawings with a high degree of accuracy. Communicates clearly where drawings can be found and how they are to be used. Accurately maintains the hospital’s master drawings by updating drawings as projects are completed. Produces updated life safety drawings at least annually. Measured by management observation, peer and end user feedback, and random review of documentation.
7. Develops design concepts and leads the process with the Projects Team on design projects. Reviews project drawings, specifications, submittals, and shop drawings for accuracy and compliance with hospital standards. Provides feedback to RFIs, sketches, and addendums. Performs periodic site visits to ensure quality and compliance. Facilitates project reviews with authorities having jurisdiction and ensures code compliance. Measured by management observation, peer and end user feedback, and random review of documentation and project outcomes.
7. Incorporates Lahey Health Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
8. Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
9. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
10. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
11. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
12. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
13. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
14. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
15. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering Technology, computer aided design -architectural or engineering concentration required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
None required. AIA/Assoc. AIA, ASHE and/or NEHES memberships are preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
2D-drafting in AutoCAD and Revit is required. Ability to read and comprehend Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural and Civil plans is required. Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Bluebeam is required. Working knowledge of interior finishes, fixtures, furniture, and equipment is required.
Minimum five (5) years experience in architectural, engineering or construction practice
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.