Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 176806-1A
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2022
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
1. Exemplifies Winchester Hospital’s values and Service Excellence standards. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
2. Complies with all Winchester Hospital policies and the Code of Business Conduct. Takes responsibility for own safety as well as the safety of patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers.
3. Types support data (phone lists, lab test works sheets etc.) for the department. Organizes work load to comply with deadlines and priorities established by superiors.
4. Registers patients, prepares charts if necessary and reviews basic personal information with patient.
5. Schedules patient appointments and Hospital admissions according to established procedures. Coordinates scheduling of diagnostic, therapeutic or surgical procedures by working in cooperation with physicians, patients and other Hospital departmental personnel.
6. Prepares notices for department. Prepares mailings for distribution.
7. Maintains and updates patient and correspondence files, general and subject files, committee files and a small library of journals and relevant reprints.
8. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, and notifies appropriate personnel or records messages. Responds to general inquiries by relating or referring to established policies and procedures.
9. Orders supplies, sorts and distributes mail if necessary. Faxes and distributes incoming
faxes to appropriate person.
10. Participates in the following:
a. Mandatory training requirements as per hospital/unit policies
b. Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
c. Staff meetings
d. Performance improvement initiatives
e. Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers
Hours: 8 Hours Weekly
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.