Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing and recommending changes in support of assigned applications/systems including ongoing production maintenance and trouble-shooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of assigned applications/systems. Leads and/or coordinates conversions, application/system testing and documentation of system procedures. Participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution in relation to assigned projects. Provides go-live support and serves as primary point of contact for ongoing maintenance/support and trouble-shooting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Delivers work within established timeframes. Must be able to manage/multi-task on several large assigned projects incorporating all aspects of IS.
- Defines, documents, builds and maintains EHR application content.
- Creates functional specification documents to create content within the EHR application and is primarily responsible for validating this content with the business owner.
- Completes thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing.
- Facilitates functional and integrated testing as requested.
- Documents and reports system issues through internal chain of command; communication with vendor where appropriate.
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential.
- Provides end user support during implementation; able to serve as an application expert to assist in application roll-out.
- Addresses post-go-live issues and requests and prioritizes work assignments.
- Participates in on-call coverage as assigned.
- Communicates effectively; includes communication around progress of build tasks in adherence to prescribed project milestone dates. Proactively manages barriers to fulfilling work requirements.
- Participates in workflow design and understands system impact to end users.
- Prepares demo materials for workflow discussions or new system functionality.
- Stays current with new application functionality and enhancements.
- Provides on-call/after-hours support.
- Achieves and maintains application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of clinical, healthcare operations, information technology or health information technology experience, in addition to the experience requirement shown below.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: EPIC Certification Preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and motivator
- Excellent problem solving and written and oral communication skills
- Candidate will have a proven track record of producing quality deliverables on time, taking ownership and accountability of assignments and demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Willingness to address issues and take ownership, knowing when and how to escalate issues. Ability to understand and document business processes
- Creative approach to process redesign
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs; specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HL7 coding standards
- Knowledge of process redesign
- One (1) year of experience implementing, designing, and / or managing a variety of Electronic Health Record and clinical systems using multiple software programs and network applications
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Experience working with clinical information systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.