This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 176755-1A
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2022
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Prepares patient, cafeteria and function meal items.
Working on the Trayline Deli, making sandwiches and salads
1) Planning: Review menu and tally sheet to determine items and quantities of food needed. Review cooking schedule with Chef and Sous Chef.
2) Food Handling and Preparation: Pull food items needed or instruct Cook’s helper to pull item. Instruct Cook’s helper
regarding items to be prepared and direct cooking of food items. Label, date, cover and store or dispose of a variety of food
items following prescribed methods. Thaw and reheat items following prescribed methods as per HACCP regulations.
3) Safety & Hygiene: Wear wizard glove when using knife or chopping. Responsible for the routine cleaning of fryolators,
stovetops, meat slicers, and meat box. Properly disposes of outdated items. Maintains general cleanliness of assigned area.
Deliver dirty pots to pot room. Wear plastic gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
4) General Departmental: Attends all in-service training. Reads all posted notices. Cross-trains as directed and supports other
areas of the department as required. Wears hand-washing badge and follows established procedures.
5) Wear proper Lahey Clinic ID badge while on Lahey Campus.
6) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
7) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
8) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
9) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
10) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment..
11) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our
Customer Service standards.
12) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
13) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
14) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Manual dexterity with both hands required. Safe food handling, ability to follow high volume recipes. Proper use of food preparation equipment including knives, electric meat slicer, and commercial cooking apparatus. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Two to three years related experience in a healthcare or commercial foodservice environment.
Full time 40 hours
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.