Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Clinic Manager, performs duties relative to the endoscopy booking process of patients requiring a procedure. Coordinates the various components of the endoscopy scheduling process including: interviewing patients to obtain their procedure preference date, special considerations/requests from the patient; entering this information into the endoscopy scheduling data base; scheduling procedures and performing other clerical duties related to scheduling patients to the Endoscopy, Gastroenterology and Colon & Rectal Surgery Departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manages and communicates information through various processes, which include, but are not limited to the following: computers and telephone/paging systems.
- Consistently maintains a courteous, helpful, and professional manner with all interactions with all customers.
- Coordinates patient procedures with the anesthesiologist to ensure appropriate room and anesthesia availability.
- Schedules patient endsocopy procedures into the Endoscopy Scheduling System promptly, in a manner that provides the best possible outcome for the patient, while abiding by departmental protocols and procedures.
- Prepares surgical schedule for the following day and notifies anesthesia, endoscopy and other appropriate personnel of any patients added on the schedule.
- Notifies physician, Endoscopy, and/or Anesthesia Department of any changes once the schedule has been finalized and sent out.
- Coordinates any necessary arrangements with other departments, e.g. Anesthesia, Bronchoscopy and other staff and departments.
- Mails patient prep instructions, diets, special instructions as indicated by test and, if required, order prep medication through Pocketscripts.
- Assists co-workers when short-staffed and performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
10) Enters daily statistics into Endoscopy Scheduling System database with expectation of 100% accuracy.
11) Runs daily statistical and error reports from the Endoscopy Scheduling System database (Manage Case Records reports).
12) Organizational Requirements:
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Junior college or equivalent work experience in a hospital or physician office setting. Completion of Medical Terminology Course or relevant experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong communication skills and exceptional patient relation and customer service skills are critical.
- Experience: 2 years experience in medical environment. Familiarity with policies and procedures, understanding of scheduling requirements, medical terminology and knowledge of surgical procedure requirements, computer entry and legalities of signing consents forms with accuracy, and screening of medical and financial information.
Days; Part-Time; Per Diem