Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
The Operations Manager’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership to the administrative staff within the Emergency Service Programs (ESP) Call Center, including Centralized Bed Management. In addition, the focus is to improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains systems that affect the administrative support functions of the ESP Call Center services across all ESP sites.
- Develops uniform processes within the administrative support functions across all the ESP sites. Such as uniform scheduling protocols and uniform billing processes.
- Supports the VP and Program Directors with the implementation of changes within the program to enhance the admission/triage process and overall client experience.
- Coordinates the schedules for the ESP Call Center and Centralized Bed Management Staff.
- Generates daily utilization reports and other ad-hoc reporting necessary to ensure operational efficiencies including Centralized Bed Management Huddle Data. Coordinate with Huddle Members as needed.
- Oversees and ensures that the office administrative functions assigned are effectively carried out, included but not limited to personnel policies, payroll, travel expense, check request, purchasing, record keeping and training. Provides technical assistance as needed.
- Provides support and troubleshooting to the other administrative support staff of the ESP Call Center and site triage staff on an ongoing and as needed basis, to include EHR data reporting and oversight of benefit assignments.
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Maintains database of current employee and group room schedules to assess immediate availability.
- Coordinates the process to monitor and/or monitors physical site need in relation to maintenance, information technology, phone system, office machines and supplies.
- Associates Degree or a minimum of 5 yrs. experience in a related field and experience within an Emergency Service setting; familiarity with billing practices; basic supervisory principles and practices; techniques for dealing effectively with the public and staff, in person and over the telephone.
- Standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment; Computer applications; Excel and Word; knowledge of electronic health records a plus; records management principles and practices.
- Business arithmetic and basic statistical techniques.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.