Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 176293-1A
Date Posted: May 19, 2022
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
· Associates degree in a science field
· The equivalent credits towards a science related Bachelors program
· At least 18 months work experience in specific laboratory department.
· A combination of education and experience so be equivalent of the requirement options noted above.
Preferred: Previous experience in medical laboratory or phlebotomy skills
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Required to rotate holiday and weekend coverage. May be expected to cover alternative shifts in cases of staff shortages.
Travel requirements: Position is expected to rotate between the core lab and the hospital locations, depending on the specialty.
· Reports to the Laboratory Section Coordinator/Supervisor or Operations Manager as assigned.
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others
As part of the Laboratory team, this position, under the direction of the laboratory technologist/ technician, is responsible for the following:
· Perform the pre-analytical steps in specimen processing including, but not limited to, sorting, centrifuging, aliquoting and generating work lists
· Perform tests that are waived by the CLIA and other regulatory agencies.
· Confirming specimens received match the appropriate test requirements
· Preparing specimens for shipments and/or courier to deliver to reference laboratory.
· Interacts with reference labs, physician offices, clinicians, and others, providing superior customer service and clinical information within their scope of practice.
· Orders and stocks supplies ensuring adequate reference lab and other materials are on hand to optimize sufficient levels of inventory given limited storage space.
Per Diem, as needed by the department
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.