Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 176281-1A
Date Posted: May 19, 2022
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
· High school diploma or equivalent
· At least one year of security experience or one year successful completion toward a degree in Criminal Justice or Certified Healthcare Security Officer.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS
· Current Class D Driver’s License
· Crisis Prevention Intervention Certificate (Employees must be certified within 1 year of hire date. Employees must receive yearly re-certification).
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BLS or Heart Saver
As part of the Security team, this position:
· Performs one to one and close observation of patients in a safe and professional manner in collaboration with Patient Care Services.
· Conducts interior and exterior patrols to inspect the grounds for criminal activity, and health and safety hazards.
· Provides one to one patient observation for at risk patients throughout the organization to keep the patient and others safe.
· Records and reports security and safety related incidents.
· Provides safety escorts upon request.
· Enforces parking regulations and assists with traffic control.
· Investigates lost or stolen items.
· Investigates alarms and emergency calls immediately.
· Reacts to emergency codes expediently to follow through on the situation until parties are safe or the situation is resolved.
· Responds to customer service requests in a timely manner with an emphasis on improving
the patient experience.
· Supports shuttle services in daily duties, inclement weather and emergency situations by driving employees as needed.
· Transports bodies and body parts to the morgue, filing essential documentation timely and accurately.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS/CONDITIONS
· The employee needs to have the physical and mental abilities to perform the duties of the position listed above using the PROMISE behaviors.
· At a minimum the employee needs to be able to lift up to about 50 pounds, stand, walk, push, pull, and reach.
· It is anticipated that the employee will have contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials while performing their job duties.
Hours: 40 hours weekly including weekend and holiday rotations
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.