Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Job Summary: Coordinates the scheduling for patient procedures and services.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of this position.
- Schedules patients for procedures; post-operative appointments, pre-admission testing, testing, surgery, follow up and wait list process. Notify patients in-person and via mail of scheduled procedures. Ensures all communications are timely and provide complete details of procedure, location, and time and required. Provides patients with information pertaining to testing and surgery.
- Maintains multiple applications for scheduling of procedures & collection of patient data. Schedules location of procedure, medical staff & clinical resources. Completes accurate & timely journal entries. Collaborates with both internal & external partners to obtain resources. Maintains physician &/or surgeon's schedule. Registers patient & ensures demographic data is entered accurately.
- Communicates schedules on a daily basis. Reviews with advisor. Updates staff with revisions. Posts schedules.
- Acts as liaison to with internal departments and external resources and agencies.
- Coordinates to ensure all paperwork is complete and preauthorization has been obtained. Obtains and processes referrals for procedures.
- Oversees documenting of procedures and resources. Maintains and tracks service and procedure to ensure procedures and equipment usage are captured. Generates log for review and enters revisions. Coordinates to ensure all paperwork is complete and preauthorization has been obtained.
- Contracts with vendors to coordinate delivery of equipment. Coordinates delivery to patient's residence. Ensures resources for procedures are maintained and available for scheduled procedures
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Work requires close attention to task for work to be accurately completed. Intermittent breaks during the work day do not compromise the work.
Work routine is fairly consistent, but employee needs to be able to use judgment to respond to events several times a week.
No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions
Health Care Status: Position facilitates the process that may impact patient access to services.
Close work (paperwork, visual examination), Color vision/perception, Visual monotony, Visual clarity <3 feet, Conversation, Telephone.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
This job requires constant sitting, Fine Manipulation using both hands, Keyboard use. Rarely there may be Power Grasping using both hands, Pushing/Pulling using both hands.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.