Welcome To Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home. Our team provides high-quality home care and hospice services by partnering with physicians, hospitals and skilled nursing facilities to provide specialized care to patients in the comfort of their own home. Our team of nurses, therapists (physical, occupational, and speech), medical social workers, and home health aides work together to devise and implement a compassionate care plan that is expressly tailored for each patient.
About the Job
Position Summary: The Telehealth RN will implement, monitor and evaluate telehealth (TH) and disease management programs. This role will coordinate services for patients receiving tele-monitoring, which includes assessing patient appropriateness and monitoring of patient data. Will work with clinicians, managers and physicians to ensure quality care and desired outcomes. Reports client data to MDs and clinical managers, and prepares reports for analytical purposes. This position will assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures with regard to the telehealth programs. Other duties may be assigned as the program evolves.
On Call: Yes
Shift Rotation: Yes
1. Directior of Business Operations: Works collaboratively to ensure accurate information is exchanged starting from intake to receiving required authorization for all visits for the purpose of accurate billing as well as for the purpose of accurate employee payroll.
2. Telehealth, Wound Care: Works collaboratively to deliver quality patient care.
3. Quality Analyst, Dir. of Education, Dir. of Private Duty: Works collaboratively to ensure accurate coding in compliance with all regs. Overseeing home care, ensure clinicians have received required education and competent in all areas and ensure adequate staffing of HCA is in place.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assess telehealth referrals for continued appropriateness and patient outcomes.
- Be a resource for staff and patients who are on the TH system.
- Review TH data on a daily and basis and PRN as needed. Communicate to MD and staff when TH changes are indicated.
- Educate to external customers for appropriate referrals as the need arises.
- Maintain statistics and data on patient TH outcomes utilizing vendor software reporting program.
- Evaluate the need for adequate equipment inventory to meet patient needs.
- Maintain documentation in clinical record for TH patients to show collaboration.
- Perform patient visits as needed with staff or independently- Assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for the temporarily assigned caseload including but not limited to: appropriate delegation to LPN staff, patient condition change visits, and completion of OASIS time points. Accepts accountability for patient satisfaction scores and quality of care outcome measure results.
- Participates in program development and performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates in the evaluation of transfer and hospitalization data to improve outcomes.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Attends regular case conferences and team meetings per Clinical Manager and as needed.
- Communicates with other disciplines on the care team and community providers to coordinate the care plan (i.e. Insurance case managers, high risk case managers, elder services, protective service, etc).
- Practices confidentiality principles set by the agency and federal HIPAA guidelines.
- Completes documentation in accordance with agency timeliness policies.
- Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current nursing practice.
- Adheres to departmental requirements for required training.
- Identifies specific learning needs and goals and collaborates with leadership in developing a plan to meet them.
- Participates in the weekend/holiday/vacation coverage as defined by Lahey Health at Home.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Participates in in-service programs and supervises, teaches and precepts other nursing personnel per Director of Clinical Operations.
- Maintain strict adherence to the Continuing Care Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate Continuing Care Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Comply with all Continuing Care Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the Continuing Care Division.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing program.
- BSN preferred.
Licensure, Certifications & Registration
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of Massachusetts.
- Has an active American Health Association BLS. If no American Heart Association BLS the employee must complete an annual BILHAH BLS Competency. No other forms of BLS will be accepted.
- Minimum of 1-2 years nursing experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing with OASIS experience is preferred.
- Cardiac care and pulmonary care experience.
- Telehealth experience preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary background.
- Proficiency in clinical assessment skills.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Communication and documentation skills.
- Computer skills and ability to learn programs.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Customer service skills.
- Teaching skills.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
Mental and Visual Attention
- The position requires a high degree of mental and visual concentration.
- Nature of work requires lifting or moving medium weight (over 20 and up to 75 pounds).
- Flow of work and nature of duties require high manual coordination.
- Range of Motion
- Responsibilities require high range of motion.
- Physical Conditions
- Performance of duties allows for variation in positioning and tasks.
- Repetitive Motion
- Responsibilities require frequent repetitive motion.
- Working conditions include continuous exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes or airborne pathogens.
Exposure to Hazardous Materials
- Performance of duties frequently involves exposure to hazardous materials. (Biohazardous)
Patient Care Conditions
- Responsibilities entail exposure to blood and body fluids; standard precautions must be used.
- Responsibilities include transporting, transfer and positioning of patients.
- Incumbent must be continuously prepared to prevent a patient fall.
- Performance of duties requires the ability to discern and identify colors.
- Performance of duties requires the ability to discern sharp from dull and hot from cold.
- Performance of duties requires the ability to hear soft and loud noises.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.