Location: Beverly, MA
Job ID: 176031-1A
Date Posted: May 9, 2022
Welcome to Beverly Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Beverly Hospital is a full service, community hospital providing leading-edge, patient-centered care to North Shore and Cape Ann residents. The hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art care and services including primary care, cardiovascular care, surgery, orthopedics, emergency care, maternity, pediatrics, as well as many other specialties. Beverly Hospital is nationally recognized for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
Position Summary: Beverly Hospital, located in Beverly Massachusetts is part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health System. The Beverly PACU consists of 15 PACU bays, 10 Pre-op holding bays, and 6 Surgical Day Care bays. Beverly Hospital, located in Beverly Massachusetts is part of the Lahey Health System. We provide a wide range of specialties including; orthopedics, GYN, general, vascular, thoracic, spine, pediatrics, cysto, and ENT. The Perianesthesia Registered Nurse is responsible for providing safe patient care for patients before and after operative and other invasive procedures. In this role, you will assume responsibility for the care of the perianesthesia patient including assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care during the perianesthesia phases of care. You will be responsible for directing and supervising ancillary staff meet members in providing the appropriate level of care in the most safe and efficient manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Administers nursing care within the scope of hospital policies and procedures, Massachusetts state regulations and standards of practice issued by the American Nurses Association.
2) Follows guidelines of perianesthesia practice through recommendations of The American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN).
3) Must be able to take assignment of ?on-call? specified nights, weekends, and holidays
4) Collaborates and works in a team setting and shares the hospital CREATE values
5) Consistently maintains a courteous, helpful, and professional manner with all interactions with all patients, their families and staff members.
6) Assists co-workers with tasks to help meet the needs of the Perioperative Services to ensure efficiency and patient flow.
7) Acts as an advocate for patients and their families. Delivers care in a manner that preserves/protects patient autonomy, dignity, confidentiality, and rights.
8) Understands the legal implications of charting and documentation of patient care.
9) In emergency/crisis situations, demonstrates effective decision making and prioritizing patient needs to initiate appropriate responses.
10) Participates in the quality improvement/ quality assurance process at the unit level.
Per diem, hours assinged as needed.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Education: BSN preferred
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current MA RN license, BCLS/ACLS/PALS required, certification in specialty area preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Communicates clearly and effectively with all team members. Has the physicial capacity/ability to move patients and equipment as patient care needs indicate.
1. Experience: At least 2 years of work experience perianesthesia