Location: Lynnfield, MA
Job ID: 176108-1A
Date Posted: May 27, 2022
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to Lahey Health Primary Care. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Site Manager, is responsible for performing a radiological exams and developing radiographic films. In addition, processes and codes diagnoses for encounter form completion. Performs quality control on equipment and radiographic procedures to insure essential patient care and high quality films.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Greet and check in patients; acknowledge patient appointments using computerized appointment scheduling system; print out daily schedules.
2) Manage patient flow and escort patients to exam rooms.
3) Prepare patients for radiologic examinations; perform radiographic procedures using radiologic equipment based on provider orders.
4) Perform routine equipment start-up and perform quality control checks.
5) Set up files for new patients; prepare requisition forms, encounter forms, flash cards; pull and prepare x-ray jackets; prepare and release copies of films as requested by patient or for referrals to outside providers.
6) Enter patients orders in IDXRAD.
7) Photoprint films with patient information and develop films using dark room equipment; critique films for diagnostic technical quality and repeat films as necessary; prepare films for interpretation by radiologist.
8) Perform routine quality control testing and maintain quality control logs as required by ACR and according to HCFA regulations; schedule routing maintenance visits.
9) Maintain radiographic filing system and purge inactive files according to specifications.
10) Perform housekeeping, handle hazardous waste and keep exam rooms fully stocked; sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment; inventory and order radiologic supplies.
11) Maintain established departmental policies and procedures/objectives, quality assurance program, as well as safety, environmental and infection control standards.
12) Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13) Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
14) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
15) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
18) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate of an AMA approved radiologic technology program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by the Mass Department of Public Health Radiation Control Program. Registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with patients, providers and outside specialists. Ability to make sound decisions under pressure and use independent judgment. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One year experience as a radiographer using x-ray equipment.
DAYS: PART TIME--22 HOURS/WK
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.