Welcome to Beverly Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Beverly Hospital is a full service, community hospital providing leading-edge, patient-centered care to North Shore and Cape Ann residents. The hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art care and services including primary care, cardiovascular care, surgery, orthopedics, emergency care, maternity, pediatrics, as well as many other specialties. Beverly Hospital is nationally recognized for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility at all times for the clinical management of the patient care unit. Collaborates with nurse managers and other allied disciplines to ensure a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients. Is responsible overall for staffing management within the set budgetary guidelines, while supporting the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Develops, implements and evaluates appropriate staffing patterns. Responsible overall for the monthly evening time schedules, as well as day shift staffing.
2. Participates in the hiring, disciplinary and termination process of all staff, and collaborates with Assistant Nurse Manager and Director of Nursing around this process.
3. Performs evaluations on all day shift employees and those designated by the Director of Nursing.
4. Responsible for developing clinical unit meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care.
5. Responsible for developing and leading multi-disciplinary clinical meetings with the main objective being the successful treatment and management of patient care.
6. Attends all administrative meetings that support the mission of the Nursing Division.
7. Reviews all incident reports, restraint and seclusion forms for completeness and clarity of the episode/problem. Report all negative outcomes of such episodes, in a timely manner, to Nursing Administration and problem solve with other managers to prevent further negative outcomes.
8. Supports and implement administrative decisions.
9. Utilizes and provides supervision to enhance professional improvement and development.
10. Maintains solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
11. Maintains solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies? expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
12. Works closely with Utilization Review Nurse.
13. Works collaboratively with the Education Coordinator to ensure that appropriate education programs are planned, developed and implemented to meet the ongoing educational needs of staff.
14. Maintains yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management. Ensure all unit employees maintain current yearly/biyearly requirements.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors in nursing preferred from an accredited school of nursing. Current registration in Massachusetts. Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area, with previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership skills.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) Psychotropic medication administration
2) Drug and alcohol withdrawal
3) Leading a group
4) De-escalation/Restraint Management
40 hour,exempt position
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Possess management skills and the ability to effectively supervise employees. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Baccalaureate required in nursing or other related health care field. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of practice.
- Previous leadership experience required.
Current Massachusetts license as RN. Department certification as appropriate. BCLS.