Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 175894-1A
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Reporting to the Director, Medical Staff Services, the Manager for Medical Staff Office is responsible for managing and coordinating the day to day operational functions of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Responsible for the accurate and timely credentialing and privileging for all providers within the Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc. business unit.
2. Oversees the daily operations of the Medical Staff Office and the work of the MSO personnel. Directly responsible for all personnel actions including hiring, performance appraisals, orientation, schedules, maintaining payroll records and time reports.
3. Collaborates with the Director for managing the department budget. Collaborates in preparation of the budget, making recommendations and projections, monitoring and reconciling expenditures of budgeted funds, identifying opportunities for cost savings.
4. Responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of electronic and manual data entry and reporting
5. Collaborates with the Director and Legal Department in ensuring that the Medical Staff Bylaws are current with state, federal and regulatory requirements.
6. Ensures compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements including CMS, TJC, NCQA and delegated credentialing contracts.
7. Oversees the Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) and Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) processes and ensures compliance with all relevant standards and regulations.
8. Updates and maintains provider credentialing and privilege forms and associated documents in collaboration with medical staff leaders.
9. Coordinates Credentials Committee meetings.
10. Provides credentialing and privileging reports to internal and external customers.
Education: Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a degree in business administration or public administration or a closely related field and four to five years of experience in leading a Medical Staff Office or with a combination of education and experience commensurate with a degree as mentioned above.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional
Medical Services Management( CPCSM) or willingness to achieve said certifications within 2 years.
Experience: 4- 5 years experience leading a Medical Staff Office department in an academic medical center and/or health system.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Considerable knowledge of medical staff services principles, methods and procedures.
Knowledge of credentialing software and associated applications, proficiency in ECHO (Heathline Systems) preferred.
Work requires the ability to effectively manage the employees within assigned unit/department and to persuade and negotiate with peer level managers on issues and programs that impact assigned unit/department.
40 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.