About the Job
This position contributes to the Hospital’s mission by assisting specialist physicians in the coordination and delivery of high quality, safe patient care. This position also provides care for our inpatients, under the supervision of our physicians, and collaborates with the rest of the health care team, including the patient and patient’s family/significant other to achieve expected outcomes. This position is a credentialed member of the Hospital’s medical and allied healthcare staff and is an independent licensed professional.
- Completion of an Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)-approved program (prior to January 2001: Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs),
Preferred: Masters of Science of Physician Assistant Studies with focus in specialty field
- Clinical experience in Labor and Delivery
- At least 6 months clinical experience in specialty
- Obstetrics: Experience with labor and vaginal delivery, post-partum, cervical ripening agents and with fetal heart monitoring.
- Surgical Services: Experience with central venous access, chest tube placement and management and managing general and vascular surgical patients.
- Ability to first assist in the operating room
- Ability to perform procedures at the bedside
- Ability to assist with patient management in the designed specialty in collaboration with the other health care providers
- Basic computer skills
- For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
G. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: