Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 175601-1A
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The Nurse Navigator assumes the responsibility for the plan of care and has the authority to make decisions and is held accountable for decisions specific to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the plan. The registered nurse facilitates the coordination of care across the continuum and demonstrates safe practice within the domains of:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Clinical Judgment and Decision Making: Ways in which nurses come to understand the problems, issues or concerns of patients/families, to attend to relevant/critical information, and to respond in concerned and involved ways.
- Organize breast cancer multidisciplinary breast clinics
- Follow-up phone calls to newly diagnosed breast cancer patients to offer support
- Triage incoming phone calls regarding clinical questions
- Assist with coordination of referrals to medical oncology and radiation oncology and follow-up care to track patients through their journey
- Pathway teaching for mastectomy patients (JP drain teaching)
- Follow work queue of breast surgery clinic follow up patients that need to be scheduled
- Provide general education and care of patients during breast cancer treatment and survivorship
- Serve as an integral part of the interdisciplinary Breast Center team promoting breast health with the community
- Assist the team with coordination of data for the regular NAPBC (National Accreditation Program of Breast Centers) re-accreditation site visits every 3 years
Education: Graduate of a state approved and/or accredited School of Nursing and a Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Clinical Skills/Technical Knowledge
Experience: Acute care Medical surgical experience
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.