Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 175568-1A
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2022
Category: Clinical Technician
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
ELIGIBLE FOR $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS! Half of the bonus to be paid at 3 months and the other half at 6 months of employment.
The Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) responds to both non-emergent and emergent requests for medical transportation, provides emergency and non-emergency care predominately in the hospital environment and when required pre hospital environment all within the scope of practice, also provides safe and efficient transportation of the patient to appropriate facility or residence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Responds promptly to requests for non-emergent and emergency calls as directed by the dispatcher in a timely and safe manner. Upon receiving request from dispatcher, responds to request in a timely fashion. Maintains sufficient knowledge of area geography and traffic patterns.
2) Follows Massachusetts Laws, Chapter 89, Section 7 and Chapter 90, Sections 7, 13, 14, 16, and 17 regarding emergency vehicle operation. Parks vehicle in areas designed by local fire, police, or hospital for patient pick-up and discharge.
3) Completes documentation and records according to department policy. The electronic Patient Care Report (PCR) will be completed accurately and timely for each patient. Vehicle and equipment checklist will be completed on every shift. Obtains insurance information from transferring institution or receiving hospital.
4) Ensures vehicle and equipment are ready for response at all times. Knows location and proper use of all equipment and radios. Keeps vehicle clean and maintains fuel and stock (restock) as needed. Reports damaged or unsafe equipment to Supervisor upon problem identification.
5) Renders pre-hospital care at EMT-P level. Performs complete and accurate ALS (Advanced Life Support) patient assessments. Is proficient in all BLS and ALS skills. Has a pleasant and professional manner with all patients and their families. Adheres to state and Region IV ALS treatment protocols. Gives accurate and concise radio reports.
6) Maintains a good working relationship with fellow employees, community emergency service providers, hospital staff, physicians and other allied health professionals. Represents Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LCMC) and the EMS Services in a positive, professional manner. Interacts with hospital employees in a spirit of cooperation and in the patient's best interest.
7) Participates in continued learning and possess a willingness and ability to learn and utilize new technology and procedures that continue to develop in their role and throughout the organization. Embraces technological advances that allow us to communicate information effectively and efficiently based on role.
8) EMS staff members will be crossed trained to assist in the Emergency Department as needed
9) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
High School diploma or GED required
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Current MA Paramedic EMT Certification
Current AHA BLS Certification
Current AHA ACLS Certification
Current AHA PALS Certification (optional)
Holds current MA driver’s License
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel.
0-1 years related work experience required
One year experience as an Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic preferred.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.