Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 175501-1A
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2022
Category: Clinical Technician
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator and working semi-independently within established protocols and guidelines, the Research Technician I performs a variety of tasks associated with scientific research and analysis. The scope of this role includes participation in a research project with a goal to find effective endovascular treatments for intracerebral hemorrhage. Proof of treatment efficacy will require initial prototype development, in-vitro testing, and subsequently in-vivo testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Supervisory Controls:
- Works semi-independently on specific experiments after receiving directives from principal investigator.
- Conducts many of the procedures based on methods published or routinely used, making changes to protocols and appropriately recording and discussing with the supervisor.
-Makes decisions to adopt changes only in consultation with appropriate parties.
-Reviews data and protocols with the principal investigator.
- Follows experimental procedures as outlined in laboratory procedure books.
- Performs certain experiments using general guidelines obtained form published references and research articles.
- The principle investigator will provide written and or oral descriptions of experimental techniques to be pursued.
- Independent judgment is exercised in applying guidelines and in extending their applicability to situations not specifically covered.
- Works with highly complex experimental procedures that may require frequent modifications as experimental conditions change.
- Applies previous knowledge to complete written procedures where needed, and use previous experience and judgment in order to determine the best methods for executing assignments.
4) Organizational Requirements:
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or Plastic Engineering.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience with fluid dynamics research (preferred)
- Experience with medical devices research and development (preferred)
- Experiences with 3D modeling (preferred).
- Ability to function independently and to devise creative ways of obtaining information, knowledge of medical terminology and medical practice.
- Indepth working knowledge of relevant systems utilized or impacted by the department.
- Ability to interact with professional and clinical staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with computer databases and word processing software.
- Expert organizational skills.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant State and Federal regulatory requirements and processes.
- Ability to use a pc and access relevant data.
- Manual dexterity.
- In the absence of certain of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year related experience working in a laboratory setting.
40 hours, Day shift
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.