Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Responsible for sourcing, recruiting and hiring of qualified individuals to fill open positions that fit our organizations needs and fit our culture. Works closely with the hiring managers to assure that recruiting efforts support the overall needs and goals of individual departments and Winchester Hospital/Lahey Health.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responds to inquiries from potential applicants. Keeps applicants abreast of process as is necessary and appropriate. Reviews solicited and unsolicited applications/resumes. Screens appropriate internal and external applicants via phone call or in-person interview.
- Refers appropriate applicants to hiring managers. Conducts interview follow-up with managers and assists as necessary in the decision-making process.
- Consults with the compensation team regarding proper salary offers and potential equity pay or market pay issues.
- Coordinates the hiring process including reference and background checks, license verification, verbal offers, scheduling of pre-employment physicals, orientation scheduling and generation of offer and regret letters. Assures the hiring process if efficient and serves as an appropriate introduction to the organization for new colleagues.
- Is familiar with all openings and is able to back up other recruiters and recruitment efforts.
- Consults regularly with the appropriate Business Partner to assure proper HR support to specific client areas. Refers employee relation issues to the appropriate Business Partner for follow-up.
- Meets with internal applicants for career counseling and external applicants for informational interviews.
- Maintains recruitment statistics for both internal tracking and external reporting purposes.
- Monitors recruitment activity to assure that the hospitals commitment to diversity and workplace flexibility is being met; recommends alternative staffing solutions, when necessary, to advance this commitment.
- Verifies postings are accurate to attract the best qualified candidates. Consults with leaders to review the posting to accurately reflect the current needs of the department within legal and job description constraints.
- Participates in the on-boarding of new employees. Completes edibility to work review, including but not limited to: the CORI or other background check requirements, OIG verification, License and/or certification verification.
- Schedules employee health screenings and sign on appointments, ensuring all stakeholders in the process have adequate notice of the appointments and the necessary information. Books individuals for the appropriate orientation meetings. Creates customized sign on packets. Collects required paperwork and documentation.
- Foster's the hospital's culture and PROMISE standards in all efforts and interactions.
- Consults with managers on the use of temporary agency staff.
- Actively participates as a member of the Human Resources team, participating in HR in-services, projects and activities.
- Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health/Winchester Hospital Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate Lahey Health/Winchester Hospital Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Comply with all Lahey Health/Winchester Hospital Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health/Winchester Hospital.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: An Associate's degree plus 4 additional years of recruiting experience or 8 additional years of recruiting experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None.
Experience: 5+ year's recruitment experience. Hospital setting preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: PC skills, preferably Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access), Google Mail, Customer Service orientation with excellent follow-through. Knowledge of current federal and state Human Resource related laws and regulations.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.