Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Manager of Desktop Support Services, and within established hospital, clinic and department policies and procedures is responsible for the installation and maintenance of workstations, terminals, personal computers, printers, handheld devices, and control units, etc. Consults with the Manager and/or Team Leader on specific matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to standard policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides second level support for all workstation problems within established timeframes. Analyzes and resolves user problems and concerns associated with workstation hardware and/or software, conferring with other Information Technology teams and/or the management on difficult or complex problems that cannot be resolved within established service levels.
- Configures, installs, modifies, and relocates desktop devices coordinating with other technical support teams to ensure user satisfaction and device operability. The scope of work can be a single device or a large-scale project involving a large number of devices.
- Provides workstation technical support to the Information Technology organization regarding all desktop hardware and software including assisting with 3rd party vendor application installations.
- Researches and recommends technology solutions both individually or as a team member.
- Assists users with backup and recovery procedures to ensure full system recovery.
- Completes all necessary documentation including creating and updating inventory records, hardware problem records, user documentation, licensing data, and status reports according to department standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, schedules, and reports on daily activities and specific desktop implementation/upgrade activities.
- Upholds corporate policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and to improve service to user community.
- Maintains technical expertise in desktop support technology.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all Clinic departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to problems and concerns associated with office and work group automation to the user's satisfaction.
- Carries a pager and participates in off-hours on-call schedule. May be asked to work weekends and holidays to provide technical support to the institution.
- Monitors the performance levels of all personal computers and peripherals and advises management on technical issues and trends.
- Consults with management on specific matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to standard policies and procedures as well as identifying trends in desktop support requirements.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven knowledge of operating systems, applications, hardware and systems integration.
- Proven support and Level II troubleshooting skills.
- Proven customer service, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple assignments on a daily basis and direct the work of a diversified staff.
- Proven time management skills.
- Proven ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress.
- Proven ability to lead teams and operate effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to apply quality control techniques and processes to daily activities.
Technology: The Workstation Specialist must be familiar with Intel and Macintosh based personal computers, wireless technology, IBM terminals and control units, DEC terminals and control units, and related operating systems, network clients, mail clients, anti-virus clients, and office automation applications such as Microsoft Office.
Experience: A minimum of three years of experience supporting desktops and peripherals in a large scale computing environment, including experience with software and hardware rollouts.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.