Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Perform scheduled daily cleaning of patient rooms: Emptying and relining waste receptacles, paying particular attention to the safe and proper handling of hazardous waste. Make beds when unoccupied; check bed functioning and notify maintenance when repairs are needed. High dust. Dry mop, wet mop, and disinfect floors. Damp wipe and spot clean surfaces with disinfectant. Clean and disinfect bathroom commodes and other fixtures. Perform self-inspections. Restock gloves in the patient care areas. Clean IV poles.
- Cleans rooms of discharged patients: Uses pager and telephone in accordance with the Bed Tracking system to receive and record successful completion of cleaning assignments. Clean, disinfect and re-make beds. Prepare room for admission, including cleaning IV poles and blood pressure cuffs, verifying that the telephone is in working order, ensuring that the suction canister and oxygen flow meters are in place, and that the glove box is stocked.
- Cleans and maintains department equipment and makes minor repairs when appropriate, or notifies supervisor that additional maintenance/service is required. Tags broken equipment to indicate that it is out of order.
- Maintains cart and/or supplies in accordance with departmental and safety guidelines.
- As directed, trains new colleagues on cleaning schedules and cleaning techniques including safe and appropriate use of tools and cleaning agents.
- Performs project work as assigned, including (but not limited to) floor stripping, carpet care, Precaution Room cleaning, and moving furniture.
- Responds promptly to requests from appropriate personnel for emergency cleaning services.
- Perform housekeeping functions in different areas as directed by the supervisor or lead person to cover for other Housekeepers in the event of their absence.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: not required
Licensure, Certification, Registration: none required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to follow instructions and work in accordance with established procedures. Appropriate use of cleaning agents and equipment. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1 year related experience.
Full Time 40 hours
Day shift 7:00-3:30
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.