Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under minimal supervision from the Manager ERP IT, the EPR Systems Application Engineer Senior works with a team of ERP Applications Analysts and Systems Applications Engineers to perform a variety of IT tasks. The tasks include partnering with end-users on system related projects, producing technical specifications, producing high quality computer programming code, advanced configuration, developing integrations, extractions, managing conversations, conducting meetings, adhering to IT system change management processes, batch processes, completing system and volume tests, troubleshooting/supporting existing production systems, leading and/or participating in system upgrades, and leading and/or participating in new installations. Takes initiative to handle tasks independently. May also provide oversight of team members' work on specific projects as determined by the Manager ERP IT. In addition to working on BILH mission-critical enterprise and departmental systems, projects/installations may encompass work on initiatives with vendors, external partners, and affiliates.
Develops, tests, documents, high quality computer programming code and solutions that are accurate, maintainable, efficient, to deliver assigned work, within appropriate timeframes. (essential)
- Collaborates and works with the user community, analysts, and vendors to develop functional business and IT requirements that adhere to standard IT Project Methodology and security guidelines. Provides technical design recommendations. (essential)
- Produces technical specifications, data conversion, and/or mapping criteria as determined for assigned projects from which programs will be written. May include cross-team coordination and cooperation across the organization. (essential)
- Utilizes computer programming skills in the development and support of high quality code within established coding standards. Develops and maintains associated technical documentation. Conducts unti, integrated, mapped record, load, integrated, regression, and user acceptance testing. Must participate in the development and executing of test plans. (essential)
- Provides user support during the implementation of new systems. Possesses full knowledge of system design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. (essential)
- Supports assigned production environments: troubleshoots technical application issues; documents and manages incoming requests whether handled internally within BILH or with a vendor. (essential)
- Investigates system issues, identifying root causes, and making necessary changes to resolve problems (essential)
- Contributes to and/or produces and maintains project plans. (Project assignments are usually large and complex.) Facilitates activities to insure that project milestones and deadlines are met. Manages and tracks to milestone schedules and deliverables. Reports on status of projects. (essential)
- Participates in ongoing system, technical, and industry related classes and seminars. Adheres to the BILH IT PMO's defined project management methodology, tools and templates and apply them to assigned projects. (essential)
- Provides training and mentoring to other team members. Demonstrates sound judgement in escalating issues and providing ongoing communication. Participates in on-call (rotating) coverage. (essential)
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8-10 years related work experience required.
- 5 to 10 years of technical experience using PeopleSoft application development tools such as Application Designer, PeopleCode, PeopleTools, SQL, SQR, CI, PS Query, Query manager, XML/BI Publisher, Integration Broker, AppEngine and PS Security methodology.
- For FSCM/SCM Developers: 5 to 10 years of technical experience with PeopleSoft Financials v9.2, including the GL, AP, AM, Procurement & Distribution modules.
- For HCM Developers: 5 to 10 years of technical experience with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management v9.2 application suite, including the HCM, Manager / Employee Self Service, Payroll, Benefits, Work Force Administration Recruitment.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Workday experience preferred; Health IT experience preferred.
- Any prior experience with Hyperion Planning / Budgeting software is a plus, as is working knowledge of Business Intelligent solutions.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedues and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Work requires close attention to task for work to be accurately completed. Intermittent breaks during the work day do not compromise the work.
- Work is varied every day and the employee needs to be adaptable to respond to these changes and use independent judgement and manage priorities.
- No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Health Care Status: NHCW: No patient contact - Health Care Worker Status may vary by department
Close work (paperwork, visual examination), Monitor Use, Visual monotony, Visual clarity feet, Conversation, Telephone.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally.
This job requires constant sitting, Keyboard use.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.