Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Nurse Manager - Emergency Department
LAHEY HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER IS A LEVEL 1 TRAUMA CENTER
- Brand new Emergency Department with 42 beds in over 45,000 square feet and state-of-the-art equipment featuring a convenient imaging suite, pharmacy, behavioral health suite and private patient treatment rooms
- Multi-disciplinary department providing an environment heavily focused on teamwork to achieve positive patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Treating patients with a high level of acuity, Level 1 Trauma, Designated Comprehensive Stroke Center, Cardiology, cath lab on site
- A supportive and passionate culture motivated on fostering academic learning opportunities
- Meeting quality measures/markers such as stroke, sepsis, stemi
- We support Shared professional governance and shared decision making as part of our journey to excellence.
- In this highly visible role, you will manage our Lahey Hospital & Medical Center main campus ED in Burlington, MA.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, including overseeing nursing staffing, overall performance management, ensuring quality patient focused care is delivered ,and supporting staff development
- You will collaborate with key stakeholders and department leadership to coordinate the delivery of patient care and will be responsible for the plan of care, have the authority to make decisions and is held accountable for decisions specific to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the plan
- The Nurse Manager maintains a current level of knowledge with management leadership skills as defined by nursing specialty organizations, complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies, and is currently licensed in the state of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse.
Education: Graduate of a state approved or accredited School of Nursing. Bachelors
of Science in Nursing required with a Master’s degree in Nursing or related field in
order to have full understanding of Nursing Services functions preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current licensure to practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. BLS from the American Heart Association
Experience: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of accumulated Emergency Department nursing experience and two years leadership experience.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.