This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Woburn, MA
Job ID: 174848-1A
Date Posted: Jun 7, 2022
Beth Israel Lahey Health (“BILH”) is a comprehensive, integrated healthcare system, dedicated to delivering extraordinary care to residents throughout New England. We are anchored by academic and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, and a full continuum of services spanning specialty and primary care, behavioral health, ambulatory care, and home health services in shared mission to expand access to extraordinary care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
The VP Corporate Accounting and Finance is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements/financial reporting, net revenue and expense analysis for the hospital/organization according to established procedures and performs other related work related to the Accounting function. Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results and communicating variances to leadership. Administers and directs programs to provide accurate and timely financial information to the organization. Completes reporting to various government agencies and outside auditors as required. Partners and coordinates information with other departments and finance/accounting staff.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential functions below are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position, nor does it restrict the duties which may be assigned to this position if such duties reasonably relate to the position.
Works with and coordinates to ensure that the local monthly financial statements are closed and prepared accurately in line with GAAP. Assist where necessary with accounting advice, guidance and direction
Review and completes the posting of transactions and journal entries. Evaluates existing procedures for recording assets, liabilities and financial transactions. Implements new, revised or modified bookkeeping and accounting procedures when appropriate, in conjunction with Corporate Finance. Reviews posted entries for accuracy and appropriate accounting practices and compliance. Ensures that all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared and reviewed every month.
Supervision of all accounts payable and payroll processed by Shared Services office.
Defines goals and plans for provision of services for the department in conjunction with Senior Financial Leadership. Coordinates with members of the finance team to ensure accuracy and efficiency is maintained. Makes effective and logical decisions that are within scope of role. Performs other tasks including special projects, as necessary and assigned.
Ensures compliance and reporting requirements are met with all applicable agencies, including internal and external auditors and debt agencies. Prepares appropriate schedules and appropriately answers all questions.
Applies principles of accounting and statistical analysis to maintain daily and monthly records. Maintains appropriate security and confidentiality of data and financial information.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Business/Accounting or equivalent experience
• 8 years progressive accounting/finance experience in hospitals/healthcare
• Hospital Finance/Controller experience
• Strong financial background with comprehensive knowledge of accounting theory, practices and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills/abilities and is detail oriented
• Must have excellent business judgment and possess effective analytical and leadership skills
• Demonstrates excellent Excel skills
• Ability to define a complex problem, collect data, establish data, and draw a valid conclusion
• Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, including senior management and non-financial staff.
• Ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Certified Public Accountant
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.