Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 174686-1A
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: The position is responsible for leading teams to drive toward organizational excellence. The role serves to enable LHMC colleagues to continuously improve systems of care. The specialist provides expertise in continuous improvement methodologies and will utilize these skills through coaching, facilitation, education and project management, depending on the needs of the team. In this role, the specialist will engage stakeholders in developing and executing quality and patient safety action plans, applying improvement tools and techniques in a collaborative setting and help build sustainable processes. The specialist will serve as an advisor and coach to build a culture of improvement and safety across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Lead interdisciplinary teams to drive improvement of strategic and ad hoc, or just in time, quality and patient safety initiatives (provide project direction; utilize project management methods including Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA).
2. Provide improvement and leadership coaching, facilitation and education (facilitate process improvement events
such as value stream mapping, FMEA’s, new process design, root cause analysis).
3. Aggregate, analyze, interpret and present data in a format designed to enable actions or improvement. Utilize data
visualization tools as appropriate.
4. Model best practices in change management and communication to positively influence teams in improvement and
5. Incorporates Lahey Hospital & Medical Center Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
6. Complies with all Lahey Hospital & Medical Center Policies.
7. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital & Medical Center.
8. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
9. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
10. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to
Customer Service standards.
11. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
12. Participates in and successfully completes all required Mandatory Education.
13. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/ Management Engineering, Health Science, Health/Business Administration or related field. Master’s Degree preferred (in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or related field).
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred, Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred, Certified Professional Health Care Quality (CPHQ) or Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build collaborative, and collegial relationships with all levels of colleagues throughout the organization. Demonstrated knowledge of improvement science tools and methodologies; strong knowledge and experience with data management and statistical analysis skills; excellent written and oral skills; strong judgement, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Experience with data visualization (Tableau). Knowledge of relational data base structures.
Experience: Prior health care experience strongly preferred, especially in the area of quality, patient safety and health care data analysis.
40 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.