Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Team Leader or Section Head, the Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of Diagnostic Ultrasound exams and procedures to produce images for the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders. Work performed includes but is not limited to OR, ER, in and out patient populations. Monitors and ensures essential patient care and safety. The technologist must be flexible in meeting the staffing needs of the department, i.e. overtime, off sites, holiday and on-call rotation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Performs a variety of Diagnostic Ultrasound exams and procedures to produce images for the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders.
- Obtains and documents necessary patient information or history in order to perform appropriate exam or procedure.
- Performs all Ultrasound exams with 100% accuracy
- Using the Radiology Information System (RIS) tracks patients with 100% accuracy 98-100% of the time for the entire period the patient is in the department from patient arrival, through the beginning and completion of the exam to the departure from the department.
- Utilizing the PACS (Picture Archive Communication System) Ultra Sound work list, determines with 100% accuracy patient demographics and accession number.
- Ensures quality control of exams by using PACS.
- Evaluates images for diagnostic purposes, recognizing anatomy and pathology to determine need of additional images.
- Accurately follows department standards and protocols.
- Maintains Licensure and credentials as required by governing bodies.
- Maintains at all times a clean and safe environment for patients and colleagues.
- Readily and willingly contributes the team approach to provide optimal quality care for patients.
- Maintains technical efficiency in the operation of US diagnostic equipment.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs other duties in support of the organization as required or directed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orienting/Mentoring new staff
- Cleaning and stocking rooms/ or notifying Team Leader of need.
- Assisting in the training of Ultrasound students
- Assisting the support staff as needed.
- Education: Two year AMA accredited School of Diagnostic Ultra Sonography or grandfathered into profession with the ability to display competencies.
- Licensure, Certification, Registration: RDMS required. Must attain RVT or RVS certification within 18 months of hire. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Must be proficient in the use of Ultrasound equipment and competent in recognizing anatomy/pathology.
- Experience: 1-2 years in a large hospital setting preferred. Will train new graduate.
28 hours, Day shift
Tuesday 7am-7:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 7am-3:30pm.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.