Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 173699-1A
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2022
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Plant Operations and following established guidelines, performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, repair, and maintenance of piping, fixtures, and associated equipment for the plumbing systems, medical gas systems, and emergency situations. May perform work in connection with sanitary drainage, storm drainage, special waste, venting systems and public or private water supply systems within or adjacent to a building or structure.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Replaces defective pipe by cutting, bending, threading, soldering, caulking and assembling as appropriate.
2) Performs steam-fitting duties, assembling pipefittings, valves, steam traps, pipe covering and insulation.
3) Performs sprinkler and fire pump test, maintaining accurate records of all tests required by outside regulatory agencies.
4) Maintains specialized water and treatment systems in optimum operating condition, including critical hot water, reverse
osmosis, and patient, clinical and surgical air/vacuums.
5) Performs assigned and scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment and systems in a timely and thorough manner.
6) Maintains grease traps, plaster traps, and other waste systems.
7) Interprets and works from blueprints, sketches, and written and oral instructions in order to accomplish assigned tasks. Properly
estimates time, material, and equipment needed for the assignment.
8) Completes required paperwork in a neat, legible, and timely manner (i.e. job requests, requisitions, logs, and daily reports).
9) Responds to requests for unscheduled and/or emergency situations to meet the needs of the department (i.e. floods, roof leaks,
storm emergencies, etc).
10) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
11) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer
16) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
40 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.