Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 174221-1A
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2022
Category: Clinical Technician
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Provides direct patient ophthalmic photography on a scheduled basis. Performs fundus photography and fluorescein angiography. Performs anterior segment photography. Produces photos for lectures or publications. Adheres to Universal Precautions and OSHA Blood Borne guideline, utilizing personal protection equipment as required. Compliant with Joint Commission standards and HIPAA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Provide extremity, external, slit lamp and fundus photography including autofluorescence and fluorescein angiography services to the division of Ophthalmology.
2. Work well, without supervision, with patients aged 7 to 97+.
3. Explain fluorescein angiogram, OCTs and fundus photography procedures to patients. Communicate with patients to relieve fear and anxiety about the photographic procedure.
4. Maintain cameras and equipment.
5. Prepare visual media for lectures and conferences.
6. Communicates with medical staff to ensure quality of service and verify adequate documentation of disease processes.
7. Perform equipment maintenance and repair procedures when necessary.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: none.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Experience: Four years’ experience in an Ophthalmology Practice.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.