This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 173583-1A
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2022
Category: Service and Trades
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the department Supervisor, determines proper method of sterilization according to established guidelines, and sterilizes all instruments and related equipment. Receives soiled case carts and processes contents in accordance with established standards. Assembles instruments according to count sheet.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Determines proper method of sterilization according to established guidelines, and sterilizes all instruments and related equipment. Logs/documents all items sterilized. Ensures that all biologicals, integrators, and Bowie Dick Tests are run and read in accordance with established guidelines.
2) Receives soiled case carts and processes contents in accordance with established standards. Properly disposes of
trash and linen. Sorts instruments for proper mechanical and/or hand washing, meeting established time frame.
Visually inspects instruments for signs of wear and damage, and replaces as necessary. Decontaminates instruments
and equipment ensuring that the proper technique is used.
3) Assembles instruments according to count sheet. Ensures that missing instruments are marked on the exterior label
of the set. Picks and sends all scheduled and/or unscheduled cases, meeting departmental guidelines. Documents
missing items on the appropriate documentation (Case Cart Cover Sheet).
4) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
5) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
6) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
7) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
8) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
9) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to
Customer Service standards.
10) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
11) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
12) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: none required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Basic computer skills, medical terminology, manual dexterity, ability to read and follow instructions, fully trained in instrumentation, sterilization and decontamination techniques. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1-2 years related experience.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.