Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will report to the Vice President, Human Resources-System Services and support multiple system Services functions within BILH, including Marketing/Communications, Philanthropy, IT, Legal, Strategy, Finance, Supply Chain and others. This role partners with Services leaders at BILH to align HR strategy with business plans and helps leaders implement actions within their organizational areas. The HRBP with partner with centralized Centers of Expertise on HR service delivery.
The primary purpose of the HRBP role is to provide consultative support and partnership to assigned leaders and employees to drive human capital initiatives and associated business results. This role coordinates activities and ensures successful achievement of objectives related to employee engagement, workforce management, performance management, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, communications and change management. The HRBP impacts overall business performance and employee engagement by providing strategic, creative and collaborative leadership across assigned groups. Further, this role proactively diagnoses issues and opportunities, and takes necessary action to bring timely resolution.
The successful individual in this role will:
- Lead with a system mindset that embraces transformation and change.
- Build strong, cross-functional relationships that engage leaders and teams at all levels throughout the system.
- Foster a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Have knowledge of HR policies, approaches and relevant HR laws and regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Partners with Services leaders in the planning process to ensure strategic plans drive business results, optimize performance, and align with company values. Contributes to the development and delivery of people strategies, and helps to drive business and organizational performance
- Understands general business conditions that affect BILH and the Services functions, and stays current on trends within HR to present an informed point of view
- Provides guidance, coaching and consultation regarding leading people and organizational management practices to develop staff
- Encourages employees and managers to embrace new philosophies, technologies and company initiatives
- Provides input to HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) regarding specific functional strategies, programs and practices to ensure that they meet business needs. Serves as an advocate for business leaders and employees.
- Uses organizational diagnostics to proactively identify and react to key talent/employee engagement challenges and opportunities in the business. Partners with leaders and HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to craft, select, implement and/or support solutions · Applies best diversity and inclusive practices to promote inclusive hiring and promotions
- Leads talent assessment and development discussions leveraging program, approach and guidelines provided by HR COEs
- Leads conversations with teams on sourcing, recruiting and staffing plans, and partners with Talent Acquisition team to determine and support hiring plans
- Coaches leaders on change management strategies in accordance with BILH change management methodology
- In partnership with other business leaders, creates strategies to identify and overcome barriers · Identifies communication opportunities that align communication plans with company strategy to ensure expected results
- Supports all aspects of HR during restructurings. In partnership with senior HR leaders, provides consultation regarding team, department or other business/operational restructuring.
- Actively participates in functional meetings, sharing ideas and following through on commitment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ Human Resources generalist experience across multiple disciplines (e.g., workforce planning; talent acquisition; career development) while interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and consulting skills
- Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate and partner at all levels across the organization
- High energy with a strong work ethic
- Obsession with service orientation; sense of urgency, follow-up and responsiveness; high-level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- SPHR or SHRM-SP
- Workday HRM
- Experience as an HRBP working preferably within a system environment and with a multi-site dispersed workforce
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.