Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 173309-1A
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2022
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Plant Operations - is responsible for Management and oversight of ongoing Facilities Operations and compliance programs, systems and projects, for Burlington and Peabody campuses to insure proper functionality and cost effectiveness. Oversees implementation of all policies, procedures, and programs necessary to meet compliance with The Joint Commission, CMS, DPS, DPH, MDEP, MWRA, and all Local, State Authorities having Jurisdiction in matters pertaining to the Physical Plant Environment. Responsible for the maintenance of all compliance binders and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Responsible for oversight and implementation of the Lahey’s Utility Management Plan in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
2) Responsible for the coordination, oversight and implementation of all pertinent NFPA codes, NFPA 101, 99, 25, 72,
NEC to meet compliance with the requirements of The Joint Commission (TJC), Local and State Authority having
3) Works with consultants in completing and updating the Basic Building Information (BBI), Statement of Condition
(SOC), to meet with the requirements of The Joint Commission (TJC). Develops and tracks the Plans for
Improvement to meet projected target dates for completion.
4) Administers and implements changes to the Preventive Maintenance program, physical plant equipment inventory.
Tracks ongoing implementation of PM work orders making recommendations to appropriate manager, leads to best
meet projected completion/target dates.
5) Works with Management in the development of capital requests for the replacement and upgrade of LIFE Safety
6) Participates as an active member of the Lahey Clinic EOC/Safety, Hazardous Material and Infection Control
7) Administers oversight of physical plant equipment and utility system upgrades, working closely with department
managers and consultants to insure proper functionality and cost effectiveness of equipment/systems.
8) Working with outsourced consultant, insures architectural, Life Safety and utility system drawings are accurate and
up-to-date, thus meeting the requirements of The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
9) Oversight of the systems and reports required by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
(MDEP) relative to the Engineering and Maintenance function. This includes maintaining the ongoing data for the
Emission Source Registration Form, in an accurate and up-to-date manner.
10) Coordinates sampling and testing of waste water discharge to meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Water
Resources Authority (MWRA) that includes Lahey’s Industrial Wastewater Neutralization System.
11) Assists Director of Facilities in controlling expenses and identifying areas of potential cost savings and revenue
enhancement where possible.
12) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
15) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to
Customer Service standards.
18) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
40 Hours / Day
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.