Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 173186-1A
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2022
Category: Clinical Professional
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for Emergency Psychiatric Services patients. Provides short-term, intensive interventions and psychiatric assessments to individuals and families in crisis. Assists in the development and implementation of treatment and disposition plans for all observation admissions. Collaborates with other clinical staff and community providers to ensure that safe and therapeutic treatment is provided for all patients.
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Triage all patients who arrive to appropriate treatment interventions, including referrals to inpatient, partial and/or outpatient treatment.
3. Attend clinical meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care and all appropriate administrative meetings that support the mission of the hospital.
4. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
5. Coordinate and organize Emergency Psychiatric care activities.
6. Develop, implement and evaluate treatment plans, making appropriate changes as needed.
7. Utilize and provide supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
8. Maintain a clear understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
9. Support and implement administrative decisions.
10. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies’ expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
11. Screen referrals to verify third party benefit availability and initial approval requirements.
12. Consistently promote professional working relationships between the hospital, referral sources and payors.
13. Maintain understanding of managed care contracts, insurance benefits, limitations, policies, procedures and forms.
14. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Per diem, hours assigned as needed.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Master’s Degree in a health care field, or practice experience as approved by EPS Director.
Current professional license registration in Massachusetts. Previous emergency psychiatric experience with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) Mental status exams and emergency assessments
2) Knowledge of admission procedures and protocols
3) Knowledge of managed care and other payors
4) De-escalation/Restraint Management
5) Effectively able to triage patients and make disposition decisions
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.