Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
The senior business analyst is integral to providing the organization with high-value, high-quality reporting and analytics. The position is primarily responsible for taking requests from inception to final requirements, productionalizing developed reports (e.g. quality control and migration), driving the curation of the reporting and analytics catalog, and training users on reporting. The analyst investigates workflows for data discovery and develops reports and supports other activities as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Intakes ticket and requests on behalf for the Reporting team
2. Delivers requirements analysis including application workflow and data flow analysis, requestor interviews, and liaison between requestors, developers, and application teams
3. Seeks out existing reporting solutions that meet the given request or near-solutions that can modified to fit the request
4. Writes requirements document for consumption by requestors and developers
5. Continually grows broader and deeper understanding of EHR workflows and data flows
6. Migrates developed reports and gate keeps production for quality control
7. Develops application-side reports (e.g. Reporting Workbench, Radar, and SlicerDicer sessions) as needed
8. Applies excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
9. Reports, documents, addresses, and escalates system issues through standard processes
10. Participates in on-call coverage as assigned
11. Participates in upgrade go-lives as assigned
12. Maintains confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed by the system.
13. Complies with all Beth Israel Lahey Health policies and the behavioral expectations of the department
14. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients
15. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment
16. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards
17. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities
18. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education
19. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of clinical, healthcare operations, information technology or health information technology experience, in addition to the experience requirement shown below.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- Epic Certification Preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of IT experience interacting with end-users within a healthcare setting is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of EHR (electronic health record) experience in one or more of the following: report development, application build, or application training
- Required experience is strongly preferred in an Epic environment and Epic certification is preferred
- Operational experience in healthcare (clinical or rev cycle) is a plus
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Self-starter and motivator with ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem solving and written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of producing quality deliverables on time and taking ownership as well as addressing issues, taking ownership, and knowing when and how to escalate issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs; including data analysis via Excel
- Knowledge of and creative approach to process redesign
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.