Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The Supervisor Patient Access Specialist role is now eligible for up to a $1,000 sign on bonus. There is an opportunity to receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus for full-time or temporary hires working full time schedules. Important Details: Bonuses are paid out within the first 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes. Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Employee must be in good standing to receive the bonus. Current BILH employees do not qualify for this bonus. This program is subject to change at any point.
The Supervisor, Patient Access Services oversees the daily operations of a team of colleagues within the Patient Access Services department with the goal of maintaining efficient and effective performance of the colleagues on a day to day basis (work schedules, department performance metrics, adherence to LHMC policies, etc.). The Supervisor promotes continuous improvement of the overall performance of the team by proactively identifying problems and proposing solutions, and serving as a role model for customer service and colleague engagement at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Coordinates the daily operations of his/her assigned team of colleagues, maintaining all necessary systems and controls to ensure the efficient and effective performance of the team.
- Responds to problems as they occur and assists the Director/Manager in identifying barriers to performance. Serves as a resource and support to team members.
- Maintains relationships with assigned clinical departments through daily interactions and periodic meetings with department managers.
- Assists the Director/Manager in the development of colleague schedules. Identifies gaps in coverage created by planned or unscheduled absences of colleagues and proposes solutions.
- Provides staffing coverage when needed, effectively performing the duties and responsibilities of the position(s) he/she oversees (patient scheduling, registration, financial clearance, etc.).
- Monitors the daily performance of individual colleagues and the overall performance of the team, through direct observation of performance during the work day and review of system-generated performance reports.
- Assures that all colleagues are properly trained and prepared to perform effectively. Proactively identifies colleagues in need of retraining and continuing skill development. Reviews findings with the Director/Manager and provides retraining and continued skill development to colleagues as needed.
- Assures colleague adherence to all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center policies and procedures, including dress code, attendance, etc. Reports issues to the Director/Manager and addresses issues as directed.
- Assists the Director/Manager in administering corrective action to colleagues when necessary.
- Assists with the recruitment of colleagues by interviewing candidates and providing feedback to the Director/Manager.
- Provides training and orientation to new colleagues.
- Contributes to colleague annual performance appraisals and competency assessments with measurable data and/or specific examples of performance.
- Works as a positive and constructive change agent, demonstrating a commitment to the continuous excellence and improvement of the team’s performance. Strives to either improve existing work flows or to find new ways of doing tasks that enable the greatest productivity and accuracy of work product, and the highest quality of customer service.
- Intervenes to handles sensitive patient issues or situations when a patient is not satisfied with a team member’s response to a particular problem. Escalates problems to the Director/Manager when appropriate.
- Works with the clinical departments, outside providers, third party insurers and any other individual or entity to assist in resolving patient questions or problems in the most effective and positive manner possible.
- Systemically assesses the needs of the department on an ongoing basis. Makes recommendations to the Director/Manager as needs or problems are identified.
- Assist the Director/Manager with special projects as needed.
- Incorporates Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities as directed by Manager.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Minimum 1-2 years of Patient Access Services, Revenue Cycle, or related experience. Experience in a lead or supervisory role preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Has an understanding of Patient Access Services and how it relates to the Revenue Cycle as a whole.
- Has a working knowledge of the Epic system.
- Has strong verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Has a knowledge and understanding of leadership principles
| || || || |
4- Hours / Days
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.