This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 172757-1A
Date Posted: Feb 9, 2022
Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Department Director, the Manager, Emergency Department Registration oversees all aspects of the Emergency Department work groups assigned, and contributes to the continuous improvement of the department’s overall performance. Will manage the efficient and effective performance of colleagues on a day-to-day basis. Achieves budget targets. Proactively identifies problems and proposes solutions for the Director’s review in order to promote the continuous performance improvement of the department. Leads and participates in process improvement groups. Supports the Directors in work planning and implementing strategic initiatives within the Emergency Department and across other departments and physical locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Manages colleagues to achieve established standards for work flow productivity, accuracy and patient satisfaction, and to achieve goals assigned to the Emergency Department work unit.
2. Provides support and continuous education on emergency preparedness to the Hospital Access colleagues. Effectively activates the crisis list notification, plans and organizes the overall operations of the Emergency Department during a Code Green (disaster) and disaster recovery event.
3. Focuses on cash acceleration, underinsured and collection initiatives, such as point of service collections and financial assistance.
4. Manages 24/7 work unit schedules to meet operational requirements, being fair to all colleagues. Ensure ED staffing is adequate on all shifts (1st, 2nd & 3rd shift including W/Es and Holidays). Prepares weekly payroll for review/approval.
5. Is the Revenue Cycle leader for EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act) concerns and clinical escalations. Keeps up to date with EMTALA regulations and mandates.
6. Ensures that one on one and work unit meetings are scheduled
7. Ensures that work unit colleagues successfully complete all required education and training programs. Identifies colleagues in need of retraining and assures they receive it. Supports colleagues’ professional development and makes recommendations for continuing education. Monitors their performance and continued suitability for their position.
8. Completes performance evaluations and performance improvement plans for work unit colleagues. Relies on direct observation, input from key constituents, and available data to assess performance and next steps. Recommends future goals for colleagues in line with department needs and initiatives.
9. Ensures colleagues’ adherence to hospital and revenue cycle policies, and engages in the progressive discipline process when necessary.
10. With guidance from HR and Director and within HR policy, fairly manages human resource issues.
11. Recommends changes and/or updates to departmental policies and work unit procedures so that work is accomplished accurately and efficiently.
12. Takes the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement, via direct observation of staff, rounding for purpose, or reviewing available data. Proposes solutions to Director, or recommends creation of process improvement groups and helps to identify goals of such groups.
13. Provides meaningful reporting on progress towards the achievement of goals and/or the resolution of work unit issues. Rounds regularly with identified leaders of other departments to gather and analyze data required for a comprehensive and measurable understanding of work unit or department performance. Utilizes data in formation of plans and in the ongoing monitoring of achievement.
14. Thinks creatively when presented with challenges, especially challenges that appear to have conflicting demands. In such situations, strives to grasp higher level issues and works cooperatively and energetically with colleagues from PAS and/or other departments to develop solutions or process improvement plans.
15. Provides the department with technical knowledge of the work performed by the work unit.
16. Assist the Director with special projects as needed, and engages in inter- and intra-unit communications.
17. Ensures compliance with all Corporate, Federal, State and health plan requirements and regulations.
18. Serves as a role model for customer service and colleague engagement at all times.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.