Welcome to Beverly Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Beverly Hospital is a full service, community hospital providing leading-edge, patient-centered care to North Shore and Cape Ann residents. The hospital provides a full-range of state-of-the-art care and services including primary care, cardiovascular care, surgery, orthopedics, emergency care, maternity, pediatrics, as well as many other specialties. Beverly Hospital is nationally recognized for patient safety as it is one of only 42 hospitals in the United States to be awarded an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group – the nation’s leading nonprofit watchdog on hospital quality and safety.
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
Position Summary: Responsible for the clinical coordination and direction of the Employee Health Office. Assists the Employee Health Manager with tasks related to personnel, policies and procedures. Participates in activities that maximize employee health and safety, including injury prevention, injury evaluation and follow-up, workers compensation management and wellness programs. Key tasks include, initial injury evaluation/triage and case management & post-exposure management with follow up, and day to day office tasks such as pre placement screenings, vaccination programs, return to work and fitness for duty evaluations. Performs all other duties assigned.
As part of Employee Health, the Employee Health Clinical Coordinator is responsible for monitoring for injury reports daily and manages work related injuries by accessing and evaluating initial injury reports, interviewing the employee to gather data, opening a case in OHM, if applicable enter a claim into worker’s compensation system, provide information on follow up care as needed to employee(s) and manage claim if lost/restricted time until case resolution, including but not limited to:
- Working with third part workers compensation vendor, human resources and legal
- Effective communication and weekly follow up with injured employee
- Offer/schedule medical treatment as needed
- Collect medical notes as pertains to injury
- Identify light duty work as needed
- Maintain complete record of injury case
- Record and maintain OSHA log
- Provide updates to Employee Health Manager
40 hour, exempt position
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Graduate of a state approved and/or accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or relevant field. An additional four years of RN experience may be considered in lieu of the degree to be hired into the position.
- Obtaining a BSN is required within 5 years in this role.
Preferred: Experience with/knowledge of Worker’s Compensation
Preferred: At least three years nursing experience
- Competence in Microsoft Office product including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to gather and interpret data
- Ability to interact with courtesy and tact
- For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
- Massachusetts Worker’s Compensation Law
- Clinical assessment and care planning skills
- Familiar with OSHA, ADA, NIOSH, DIA and MDPH
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Current license to practice professional nursing from MA Board of Registration
Preferred: Certification as an Occupational Health Nurse
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Basic Life Support certification
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Commitment Requirements: Keep abreast of developments in the field and/or licensure through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or a combination of both
On-call: Based on department needs
Schedule requirements: Subject to change based upon needs of the business/department
Travel requirements: Travel between hospital locations