Welcome to Lahey Health Primary Care. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
Under the general direction of the Manager of Registration and Scheduling, oversees and coordinates the daily operations of registration, cash controls for co-payment collection and clerical activities to ensure performance of departmental personnel in keeping with institutional and departmental objectives and standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively participates in the development, implementation and communication of departmental and Clinic-wide goals, policies and procedures. Schedules staff to maintain adequate coverage and assists with evaluations and disciplinary issues.
- Evaluates daily patient counts for sufficient staffing levels for the A-Z Registration and the front information desks
- Coordinates staffing for all hours of operations including weekend and beeper coverage
- Ensures 100% compliance around cash control and co-payment collection
- Escalates any cash discrepancies to the Manager /Director
- Ensures the highest level of customer service standards for not only themselves, but also for the staff of the registration area.
- Makes recommendations on Merit increases
- Organizes and maintain communication book, reference materials and other education materials
- Recommends system changes and enhancements as required
- Trains and Orients new staff to the polices
- With the Manager and Director, analyzes operational needs and assists in the development and strategy of the Registration and Scheduling department
- Assists in the preparation and operation of regular staff meetings to educate staff and exchanges ideas and information
- Informs the Manager of any anticipated problems, procedural changes or operational needs.
Communication of Information
- Maintains strict standards of patient confidentiality. Coordinates and communicates information through various processes, which include, but are not limited to the following: computers, telephone/paging, verbal and written.
Interaction with Customers
- Consistently maintains a courteous, helpful, and professional manner with all interactions with customers.
- Serves as a role model for customer service. Encourages all staff members to respond to change in the work place as necessary, continually using time to departmental advantage; ability to motivate colleagues; assists staff members who exhibit insufficient knowledge or inability to complete assigned tasks.
- Informs patients/staff of pertinent policies as necessary i.e., HIPPA, co-pay collections, Medicare Rights, etc. Educates staff of policies and procedures. Assists with input into new policies and procedures as necessary.
- Assists co-workers when short-staffed, cross-trains in all the Registration and Scheduling areas, and perform a variety of other duties as assigned by the Manager of Registration& Scheduling /Director.
- Consistently combines ethical judgement and technical skills within the policy and legal guidelines of the institution; ability to comprehend all facets of a problem and assign proper values to each consideration in arriving at a decision.
- Ability to adapt to changes made in the department and Clinic with enthusiasm to each new situation; displays high energy level when pursuing goals and objectives; adeptness at grasping the big picture.
Oversees multiple clerical functions, which assure a smooth flow of activity in the ED:
- Oversees the clerical duties related to procedures such as insurance fixes, co-pay collection and the processing of appointments.
- Ability to maintain appropriate interdepartmental, intradepartmental and interpersonal communications to understand needs and expectations of customers and to share this information seeks feedback from colleagues and subordinates; communicates effectively and efficiently both written and verbally.
Education: Junior college or equivalent education and experience.
Skills: Windows knowledge, completion of medical Terminology class and excellent customer service skills.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a lead position in a fast paced environment, preferably in an area dealing with money/controls. Interpersonal skills are necessary to effectively lead assigned staff and interact with all levels of staff both within the hospital and with outside agencies. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service driven/focused. Analytical skills to problem solve. Detail oriented to follow through on any special projects and the ability to work independently in a busy hectic environment.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge around cash controls, customer service training, and medical terminology and PC knowledge with strong apprehension of windows.
DAYS / FULL TIME / 40 HOURS / AMESBURY
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.