Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our team delivers quality care to clients and families in more than 30 communities throughout the North Shore, Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston. Our mission is to provide personal, compassionate, state-of-the-art, integrated behavioral healthcare that makes a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our services include mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and family and school-based services.
About the Job
New Increased Competitive Pay Rates
The Case Manager provides short term school based and in-home case management and therapeutic services to youth and families with current or historic substance use and/or mental health needs using an evidence-based model called A-CRA, a skills-based treatment that addresses behavioral health needs, family dynamics and community engagement.
The Case Manager helps youth served maintain abstinence from substances, increase connections to community resources and improve the quality of his or her support network. Will complete all necessary outcome tools and collect data as needed to ensure fidelity to the model and increase the probability of positive outcomes for the youth and their families.
The Case Manager's Responsibilities are:
- School Counseling: Under supervision of the Senior Case Manager, provides direct therapeutic individual and/or group support to students; coordinates closely with school support staff, faculty, and administration to deliver services; collaborates with parents/caregivers as needed; assesses academic and family needs; provides referrals to support services in school and to community providers as needed; provides triage support as needed.
- Prevention Education: facilitates prevention education activities via classroom presentations, assemblies, family nights, campaigns, etc. that address youth substance abuse, suicide prevention and other topics related to mental health.
- Administration: attendance at minimum weekly 1:1 supervision and other supervision/meetings as requested; checks agency email daily and available by telephone from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the business week; keeps essential program tracking logs up to date; submits required paperwork as scheduled and requested; regularly submits and tracks outcomes measurements; conducts satisfaction surveys as needed.
- Public Representation: serves as a representative for the division, program, and stakeholders through the following venues as assigned; community and school health fairs, focus groups, coalitions, and other special initiatives to increase advocacy for attention to youth substance abuse and/or promote the program and stakeholders.
- Provide In-Home Therapy to families in outreach settings including the family's home or another community location, utilized the ACRA model of treatment for substance use. Maintains fidelity to the model to ensure best practice and maximize positive outcomes for the youth and family.
- Support families in identifying clear treatment goals and work in collaboration with assigned senior case manager to carry out interventions.
- Bachelor Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or a related field.
- The individual must have experience and training in working with youth, families and substance use issues.
- A working knowledge of computers and ability to complete documentation electronically is required. In addition the ability to complete written documentation timely and effectively.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing with reliable transportation and willingness to transport clients in own vehicle.
Part Time 20 hours - Days/Evenings
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.