Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
The Instructional Designer is responsible for supporting all elements of [email protected] education incorporating all aspects of the ADDIE Model (Analysis, Development, Design, Implementation, and Evaluation) for assigned enterprise wide application(s)/programs(s). The Instructional Designer manages multiple projects through planning, scheduling, assigning, coordinating and reviewing tasks performed by assigned resources. The Instructional Designer works closely with and serves as a liaison between their application/project team(s), Subject Matter Experts and Credentialed Trainers to understand target workflows and training needs. The Instructional Designer develops standards, strategies and utilizes technologies to instruct and educate colleagues across the organization. The Instructional Designer is responsible for building and maintaining an accurate, up-to-date Training Database Environment. The Instructional Designer will participate in content and workflow testing as required/requested. The Instructional Designer is responsible for training other trainers and super users.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responsible for all elements of training, planning, design, development, and implementation for designated application(s)/programs at [email protected].
- Develop training strategy for designated application(s) and projects.
- Develop training requirements for end users for designated application(s).
- Design and coordinate training tasks outlined in the training project plan.
- Collaborate with and provide direction to Credentialed Trainers associated with application and programs.
- Responsible for understanding workflows of designated applications.
- Build, test, and maintain the training environment. Creates and maintains functional specification documents for training environment and validate the content. Completes thorough testing of all build in training environment prior to its utilization in training.
- Determine and develop the criteria used to assess learners’ performance.
- Apply instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Differentiate instruction based on learner needs/preferences and available resources.
- Train end users, super users, and additional classroom trainers on assigned applications/projects.
- Design, develop and incorporate appropriate training modalities including but not limited to instructor led training, elearnings, web-based training, video, demonstrations, tip sheets and blended learning.
- Identify and advocate for innovative learning solutions that meet user’s needs.
- Provide post go-live coaching and support for designated applications(s)/programs at [email protected]
- Collaborate with the Training Coordinator to ensure appropriate scheduling of end user classes.
- Deliver work within established timeframes. Manage/multi-task on several large assigned projects.
- Achieve and maintain application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of clinical, healthcare, operations, information technology, education or health information technology experience.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- Experience with adult education, instructional design, curriculum delivery, education/teaching and/or healthcare, clinical or operational experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong organizational, coordination, and follow up skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and self-managed.
- Strong presentation, communication (oral and written), multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish and adhere to time schedules in order to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work in fast paced work environment.
- Ability to adjust to various personalities in stressful situations and maintain positive interaction.
- Ability to create/maintain training and/or end-user documentation.
- Ability to multi task and shows flexibility. Understanding of adult education principles.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a highly functioning team.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.