Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
The BILHPN President is responsible for developing and implementing a vision and strategy to drive continued improvement in quality and value of care provided across our network. The President reports to the BILH Chief Strategy Officer and is responsible to the BILHPN Board of Managers, a twelve-person board comprised of hospital and physician representatives. The President is accountable for directing the operations and management of the Performance Network while working collaboratively with leaders across the network to achieve its goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Establishing a population health strategy for the network, including efforts to enhance physician and provider integration through value-based care models, to support care coordination and care management across the care continuum, and to develop the appropriate infrastructure necessary to optimize network performance.
- Setting goals and objectives for performance in collaboration with the BILHPN Board with a focus on organizational management to maximize value; Develop and implement metrics that assess quality and cost of care
- Ensuring the achievement of financial and quality performance goals
- Developing a short-term and long-term market strategy and managing community relations, physician and hospital relations, strategic partnerships, and health plan relationships
- Providing leadership to achieve goal and performance alignment across provider organizations, employed and private-practice physician, and multiple disciplines.
- Partnering with the BILH CFO and Contracting lead to coordinate contract negotiations; responsible for coordination with the BILHPN board, which approves these contracts, responsible for implementation, management, and monitoring and evaluation of payor contracts
- Developing and managing the BILHPN executive leadership team, including hiring top talent, and coaching and mentoring, and developing performance of direct reports and their senior leaders
- Report to BILH leadership and BILHPN Board on network operations, provider network, program development and performance, contracts, compliance, legislative issues, state and federal developments
- Actively manage, work with and support the subcommittees of the BILHPN Board and the legacy ACOs (BIDCO and the Lahey performance network)
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of BILH. Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Supports and contributes toward the BILH culture:
- Brings best self to work each day
- Is highly engaged
- Reflects a team-oriented approach
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Successful candidates will have the following:
- Minimum of 15 years of executive-level experience, including 10 or more years of experience in health care services
- Recognized leader in value-based care with experience successfully working with government programs and agencies
- Proven ability to work effectively with physicians and physician organizations
- Understanding of and demonstrated effectiveness in a complex services organization in a competitive market
- Ability to establish clear goals and objectives and to delegate effectively to senior leaders /subordinates
- Superior understanding of physician and hospital reimbursement issues and risk-based payment in commercial and government programs
- Strategic orientation, with the ability to think innovatively about complex challenges and a track record of success in executing on strategic goals
- Ability to work and lead in an organization formed from a merger which is and continuing to integrate and become more efficient and grow
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to present complex information in an effective manner to a broad range of audiences – verbal and written
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on inclusivity
- Orientation toward action, with flexibility and a strong ability to collaborate across organizations and disciplines
- Job requires the highest level of problem solving. The work requires identifying and resolving very complex problems, such as developing innovative solutions based on extensive cross-functional knowledge of the entire organization.
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a constantly changing, fast paced environment.
- Experience in public speaking, business presentations, meeting management, and business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Excellent judgement and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of experience.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.