This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 171786-1A
Date Posted: Jun 8, 2022
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
The Anesthesia Technician role is now eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus. Important Details: Bonuses are paid out after 30 days ($2,500) and 6 months ($2,500). To be eligible, you must be a non-BILH employee. Employee must be in good standing to receive the bonus at the time of payment. All bonuses are subject to applicable taxes. This program is subject to change at any point.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief Anesthesia Technician , assists the
Anesthesiologists' and CRNAs' with technical preparation for inducing anesthesia , intubation,
and airway management. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment used for
administration of anesthesia and other related procedures. The position is fast moving and
covers a large area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
I. Sets-up operating room with required equipment and supplies according to the type of cases and ages of the
patients. Consults with Anesthesiologist or CRNA for specific setup needs as necessary or requested .. Locati
include but not limited to Operating Rooms, Radiology, Litho, EP, Radiation Therapy and Endoscopy.
2. Prepares care for the patient by the followin g:
• Assi sts anesthesiologists with line placements including central lines, followin g sterile technique. Calibrates
equipment as required i.e. Transducers and SY02 Cath eters.
• Assists Anesthesiologists and CRNAs with airway management, including set up for airway care, set up of
fiberoptic scope, set up of atomizer and topical so lutions for awake intubation, assists with cricoid press ure d
• Tests, sets-up, maintains sterile technique and processes autologous blood products for re-i nfusion. Package,
and report to Anesthesiologist the volume, estimated blood loss (EBL) and returned processed unit vo lume.
• Set up and prepare Anesthesia machines for latex and malignant hyperthermia cases.
Assists Anesthesiologist by the followin g:
• Sets up IV so lutions, equipment, cardiac monitors and anesthesia machines. Changes tanks on machines and
line canisters as needed.
• Responsible for cleaning anesthesia machines as well as other anesthesia equipment, after each case. Remove
empty or unused vials, syringes, or medi cation bags (Exception: Federal DEA Schedule V and higher
medications) and di sposes them in appropriate receptac les after each case.
• Takes appropriate used equipment parts to C.S.S. for process ing and sterilization .
• Follows established protocols and uses proper sterile technique in the procedure room environment.
• Orders tanks of gases or other anesthesia supplies as necessary, brings low stock items to th e superv isors atte
• Supplies and exchanges vaporizers as requested by the Anesthesiologist or CRNA.
• Maintain appropriate ly stocked red ca1is prior to OR entry
Education : High school diploma or equivalent.
Skill s, Knowledge & Abilities:
Ability to prepare and set up equipment for Anesthesia procedures.
Ability to maintain ste rile field s, Clean and di sinfect anesthes ia in struments and equipment.
Ability to perform technical duties in complex clinica l situations
Knowledge of medi cal terminology
Ability to use anesthes ia equipment and related suppli es
Knowledge of basic patient care.
Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibiliti es
Abi li ty to set-up, operate and troubl es hoot anesthesia deli very systems,
monitors, and ancillary dev ices.
Ability to assists Anesthesiologist with monitoring, induction, and intubation of patients.
Experience: One year of experience in a patient care environment.
40 hours. During the orien tation and training period which will last approximately 1 year, the schedule will be Monday through Friday~
6:00am to 2:30pm.
Upon completion of orientation and training, the schedule will be Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 6:00am to 2:30pm and Saturday
Sunday, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
On ca ll required--must be able to be ready to work within a half hour from the ini tial call
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.