Welcome to Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
About the Job
The VP HRBP reports to the BILH SVP HRBP and has a dotted line reporting relationship to Hospital President. This role is critical to BILH as it aligns HR strategy with market business plans and helps leaders implement these actions within specific hospital locations and/or Operations Division. Provides consultative support and partnership to staff and leadership on all human capital matters in partnership with the Centers of Excellence (CoEs). Works in collaboration with the CoEs to support local entity on employee engagement, workforce management, talent acquisition, performance management, talent development, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, communications, and change management. The role will have direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities for all of the HRBP and Employee Relations team members assigned to supporting local entity. Serves as a coach and mentor for these positions in the department.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of this position.
1. Lead with a system mindset that embraces transformation and change. (essential)
2. Foster a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging and anti-racism. (essential)
3. Partner with the hospital president, operational and clinical leaders, and employees in his/her assigned facilities to drive critical human capital initiatives and associated business results. (essential)
4. In collaboration with the CoEs, ensure human resource initiatives and programs are executed throughout the system and all aspects of human capital in the field are align with strategic goals and objectives. (essential)
5. Provide strategic, creative, and collaborative leadership across the hospital operation. (essential)
6. Drive change management by successfully articulating the need for change in a meaningful, collaborative manner and devising influential transition plans to make change stick. (essential)
7. Promote a culture within the organization that is characterized by open, honest and direct communication, as well as a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. (essential)
8. Be able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints (essential)
9. Establish credibility throughout the organization with colleagues at all levels in order to be an effective listener and problem solver. (essential)
10. A full detailed job description will be provided during interview process. (essential)
11. Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 21-50
12. Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, HR or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
2. 5-8 years related work experience required in Human Resources generalist experience across multiple disciplines. and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required
3. Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools. Be obsessed with delivering an amazing high quality end user experience with all human resources touch points and services.
4. Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in and across the organization.
5. Possess knowledge of the HR functions and associated HR policies, approaches, and environmental constraints, as well as relevant HR laws and regulations.
6. Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
1. Experience as a HRBP working within a multi-site system environment and working with large, widely dispersed, workforces.
2. Labor Collective Bargaining.
3. Workday HRM.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.