Welcome to Shared Services, our team uses a coordinated approach to delivering administrative and operational services across Lahey. Our Shared Services colleagues leverage resources across the organization to ensure we provide high-quality, high-value care to the communities we proudly serve. The Shared Services team includes colleagues who focus on business and network development, legal services, facilities and real estate, human resources, information technology, finance, philanthropy and marketing and communications.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Manager of Telecommunications Services, and within established hospital, clinic, and department policies and procedures, support Telecommunications activities in a multi-vendor, multi-platform environment. Responsible for the daily technical support of the Institution-wide networks, and for the installation, maintenance, and tuning of Telecommunications software and hardware. Provides technical assistance to the Telecommunications Architect for the installation of new technologies as well as providing next level support to Telecommunications Associates. Consults with the Manager of Telecommunications Services on specific matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to standard policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Participates in Change Management and Root Cause Analysis meetings as directed.
- Documents all required activities in the Lahey IT ticketing system.
- Provides detailed network diagrams as needed using Microsoft Visio.
- Updates databases for items such as circuit id’s, pictures and IP addressing.
- Maintain and or update network equipment images and configurations
- Performs periodic capacity reviews and planning for all telecommunications equipment
- Maintain telecommunications equipment inventories and network documentation
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all Clinical departments to optimize relationships and communication.
- Supports activities to minimize downtime and maximize resource utilization
- Develops, recommends, and implements operational techniques and methodologies which assure full use of telecommunications devices and facilities.
- Participates in the development of disaster recovery practices for all telecommunications equipment
- Oversee System administration for multi-platform environment
- Coordinates vendor/carrier troubles, support and escalates as needed
- Coordinates installation of services from carriers
- Creates and maintains training documentation for all sites supported and new installation
- Oversee completion of all tasks associated with new system installations
- Works with vendors during applications of patches, upgrades etc.
- Oversees and meets with end users to design a solution for their workflow requirements
- Oversees and completes any necessary cross-wiring / patching to activate devices
- Programs ACD agents and skills
- Programs voice menus and recordings
- Participates in the on-call rotation covering all locations.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all customers, vendors, patients and colleagues alike
- May be called to work off hours, weekends and holidays to provide technical support to the Institution.
- Assist senior staff and management with telecom network design activities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the telecom manager.
- High Sschool diploma or GED required. BA/BS Degree preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- ITIL Foundations and vendor specific certifications preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in a complex, large scale telecommunications environment
- Proficient skills with Avaya CM; Aura Messaging, Contact Center and/or other telephony system platforms.
- Experience performing “hands-on” cable installation, cross wiring, and other physical plant work as required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven advanced knowledge and hands-on experience in a complex, large scale telecommunications environment.
- Must be able to interact effectively with internal staff to determine requirements, needs and desired outcomes; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; meet project schedules and timelines.
- Must be a self-starter, very organized and able to interact with technical and non-technical customers while leading by example and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and act as a team lead for project implementation.
- Have a thorough understanding of the various telecommunications systems by Avaya, Cisco, Shoretel, Taske and others.
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to relate to a diverse population of staff, vendors and customers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.