| || |
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under general supervision of Charge RN, performs general perioperative responsibilities. General responsibilities include assisting in operating room set-up, monitoring and maintaining stock of sterile supplies and instruments, surgical patient shave and preps, retractor/camera holding and transporting patients, specimens, supplies and equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assists in the transfer and positioning of all surgical patients from other nursing units.
- Assists OR EVS staff with turnover of Operating Rooms between cases when available.
- Transports specimens to appropriate laboratories when necessary according to LHMC policy.
- Delivers blood products to the appropriate surgical suite and inform OR Front Desk of blood products returned and not used.
- Assists the surgical team with room set-up.
- Obtains special equipment necessary for the surgical procedure based on pick tickets and special needs. Responsible for setting up, breaking down and putting equipment away properly.
- Uses equipment in a safe and effective manner; reporting issues or repairs to Equipment Technicians.
- Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
- Cleaning of surgical suites after each case.
- Dispose of hazardous waste in the appropriate manner.
- Cleaning of stretcher between patients.
- Maintains proper supplies needed for day-to-day operations.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Participates in performance improvement practices.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalency
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
- Applies critical thinking towards daily planning, case preparation, and equipment and patient safety. Ability to function at a level of autonomy.
Experience: Requires up to six months of on-the-job training including successful completion second scrub program.
| || |
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.