Welcome To Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home. Our team provides high-quality home care and hospice services by partnering with physicians, hospitals and skilled nursing facilities to provide specialized care to patients in the comfort of their own home. Our team of nurses, therapists (physical, occupational, and speech), medical social workers, and home health aides work together to devise and implement a compassionate care plan that is expressly tailored for each patient.
About the Job
The Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) carries out healthcare tasks in the Sawtelle Family Hospice House under the supervision of a nurse.
Full time - 37.5 hours
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- Successfully completed a basic training program approved by the Mass. Association of Homemaker and Home Health Aides and possess certificate as evidence of completion
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state.
- Maintains an American Heart Association (AHA) CPR certification
- One year experience as a CHHA preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Meets the training requirements in accordance with State and Federal laws and possess written evidence of such completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Essential computer skills to work with EMR.
Benefits offered for any position with over 20 scheduled standard hours:
- Voluntary Insurance choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Auto and Home, and Pet Insurance available
- Lahey Outpatient Pharmacy Benefits
- Paid Time Off or (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for 20 hours or more per week after 1 year of continuous benefits employment