Location: Winchester, MA
Job ID: 171243-1A
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Category: Clinical Support
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by providing accurate and therapeutic food and nutrition services to our patients. This staff position will act as a liaison to the dietitian on-call and has an impact on patient satisfaction and our ability to continuously improve quality and safety by providing patients with nutritional information and healthy food choices during their hospital stay.
Required: Associates Degree in Nutrition or BS in Nutrition
Required: Two years of experience as a Diet Technician
Preferred: Experience in a supervisory or lead capacity
· For safety and quality issues, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team.
· Basic computer skills
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: BLS or Heartsaver CPR Adult & Pediatrics
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Neonatal, Infant, Children, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
Travel requirements: N/A
· Reports to Clinical Nutrition Manager
· Not responsible for supervising the work of others
As part of the Food & Nutrition Service team, this position:
· Troubleshoots operational issues and customer service calls and complaints. Acts as a direct liaison to dietitian on call. Follows the proper chain of command to resolve concerns, addressing the short term issue and recommending and/or working towards long-term resolution and improvements with Guest Services leadership team.
· Demonstrates clinical expertise in the assigned area and fosters a climate of clinical and professional excellence.
· Provides performance feedback on staff directly to the staff member thus fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement and to the supervisor as appropriate. Addresses patient and staff safety concerns promptly. Gives input into the performance evaluation process.
· Completes the menus with patient, in accordance to food allergies, ethnic/cultural issues, food preference, tolerance, and the nutritional plan as determined by the dietitian.
· Delivers accurate and timely meals to the patient according to the prescribed diet order per department standards.
· Sets up and feeds patients as needed.
· Provides patients with clinical nutrition counseling, recommends food selection and educates patients on food options based on their medical requirements per department standards.
· Retrieves full food carts/trucks from the kitchen and delivers to patient floors.
· Carries trays to patients to deliver accurate and timely meals according to the prescribed diet order per department standards.
· Addresses personalized requests of the patient by working with the kitchen and or dietitian in an effort to accommodate patient and optimize patient satisfaction without contracting patient care plans.
· Completes basic clinical documentation using the computerized system and/or Kardex system as appropriate.
· Maintains cleanliness and safety of food in unit kitchens by stocking according to needs of the unit, rotating stock to avoid expired food. Records daily temperatures of unit’s fridge and freezer.
· Checks patient trays in tray line in the kitchen and assist in the kitchen with tray production.
· Gathers Quality Assurance data (daily/weekly/monthly) to ensure documentation meets department standards.
· Maintains a clean and safe environment to enhance patient satisfaction and a culture of safety.
· Responds to equipment issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of equipment and to maximize its useful life.
· Delegates appropriate job assignments to appropriate team members when needed.
Acts as a direct liaison to dietitian on call.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.