Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology, pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders.
About the Job
Job Summary: Provides administrative support for the department. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including the public, visitors, patients and families, and providers.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of this position.
- Answers and screens telephone calls. Takes accurate messages or directs call to appropriate person. Greets and directs patients/families, visitors and staff. Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides clear and accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Types and prepares correspondence and documents according to quality standards. Proofreads and edits materials for grammar, punctuation and spelling. Drafts routine correspondence. Compiles and distributes reports and other information as needed.
- Schedules appointments and meetings and maintains calendars and schedules for assigned staff. Assists in preparation for conferences, seminars and other department sponsored programs or events. Receives, records and prepares related materials and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provides positive and effective customer service that supports the operations of the department and medical center.
- Prepares, routes and tracks routine administrative forms and documents. Routes materials for required authorizations and monitors receipt by final destination. Communicates with other hospital departments to resolve delays, problems and errors.
- Performs routine clerical duties, such as opening and sorting mail, delivering and retrieving records and materials, photocopying, sorting, collating and distributing documents.
- Organizes and maintains department files, records and databases following established procedures. Enters information from source documents into databases and/or spreadsheets.
- May also update patient demographic and insurance information as necessary and obtains specialist referrals for all patient appointments. Schedules patient appointments utilizing scheduling tools and resources. Coordinates and communicates ancillary appointments and procedures working with other hospital staff as needed.
- Obtains patient information and materials as needed from referral sources. Prepares patient records for clinical activities and maintains patient records for physicians. Acts as liaison with other departments and external customers in a calm and supportive manner. Handles confidential information appropriately and explains policies and procedures when necessary.
- Actively assists and supports licensed practitioners by queuing prescriptions for renewal.
- High School diploma or GED required. .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
DAYS / PART TIME 20 HOURS
Tues, Thurs, Fri 1:00-5:00
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.